What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Steely Dan - Countdown to Ecstasy

I know I’m playing them out of order, but this is just as I’m pulling them out. Bodhisattva :heart_eyes:

20 Likes

Steely Dan Gaucho / 2008 Geffen / Japan SHM CD / Paper Sleeve Edition / UICY93521

@Clive made me do it…

24 Likes

8 Likes

Having risked life and limb driving to the Mother in Law’s oop North through biblical weather am drowning out the chatter of illness, deaths and distant relatives with the Dead Blues for Allah on ripped cd via hires portable.

11 Likes

Continuing my Beatles session. This is the best sounding stereo version of their first album, at least to my ears

10 Likes

Floyd Lee Band - Mean Blues

This is a belter!

9 Likes

Looking forward to the upcoming Long Promised Road doc too.

At My Piano - Brian Wilson (preview tracks only at the moment).

4 Likes

9 Likes

Thank you for this. Fabulous album

CD50500
Big Klaus Doldinger fan since my brother took me to see him in Germany in the early 70’s

2 Likes

Yep, the very first Beatles mono pressings are going for decent money, but only if their condition is nr mint. This evening a copy of With The Beatles sold for £1120, the White album for £643, Help for £875, Revolver for £1000 and Rubber Soul for £335. All from the same vendor, their condition ‘time warp’ near minty, almost in breathtaking good condition actually - from the auction snaps anyway.

Cara Dillon, wanderer. Soft start to Monday morning down under. :relaxed:

8 Likes

Birdy, piano sketches. While short, it is beautiful. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Absolutely brilliant - Ray and band on top form. Some very tasty guitar licks from Dave.

Funny how history would have us all walking around in binliners and safety pins in 1977.

And to cap it all my mate Luke’s aunty Shirlie on backing vocals.

Essential viewing.

I saw The Kinks headline Reading Festival in 1981 and they absolutely held themselves high amongst a bill ( and crowd) of greasy rockers!

2 Likes

Birdy, young heart. Yep, piano sketches is way too short. Continuing on with this album. :relaxed:

4 Likes

Also the designer of the ‘Physical Graffiti’ ‘windows’ sleeve.

G

10 Likes

6 Likes

3 Likes

Peter Coriston IIRC?

1 Like