What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Santana - Moonflower.

This takes me back :sunglasses:

24 Likes

Nice one - isn’t that the sleeve that was withdrawn following threatened legal action from the ladies on the cover.

1 Like

Still loving the new remix

20 Likes

For sure you know there is a CD version. I only see the 1978 year on it, but I think I bought it in 1995.

They are different, perhaps because of the point you made.

10 Likes

Yes, thats the one…

“the cover art became the source of legal action when some of the celebrities whose faces were used threatened to sue the Stones’ for using likenesses without permission. The list of angry celebrities included Lucille Ball, Farrah Fawcett, Liza Minnelli (on behalf of her late mother Judy Garland), Raquel Welch and the estate of Marilyn Monroe.”

From an article on PureMusic…

@Rafael Yes, that’s the CD version I also have - with the oversize plastic slip case?

3 Likes

I lost the plastic case, if ever I had it.

And yes, I see some of the mentioned ladies in your LP original.

Ah, understood, the plastic slip case is about a centimetre taller than a standard jewel case and is quiet fragile - mine has a large crack on one side and of course is non replaceable like a normal case.

I’m lucky enough to own the legendary Abbey Road first press. Sounds magical

24 Likes

An example where Qobuz is your friend. I only had the 2008 cd version which I always found a bit ‘hot’. Turns out it’s a remaster.

Fishing around on Qobuz and they have the original 1985 release - much nicer. Unfortunately half the tracks are greyed out!

G

7 Likes

Holy smoke!

1 Like

Now playing

Amy Speace & The Orphan Brigade - There Used To Be Horses Here

Excellent Americana album from Amy Speace supported by The Orphan Brigade.
Most of the album revolves around the death of her father and the birth of her first son. Recommended.

6 Likes

A superb live recording.

G

5 Likes

Very nice Buster - a first pressing sold for £770 last week on the auction site!

1 Like

Tangerine Dream | Atem | 1973
Some more early 'Tangs to keep my personal Berlin School vibe going on yet another extremely wet day.

5 Likes

I tried this yesterday and although it’s good, I’m not sure it’s that much better (or better at all) than the Discovery Edition.

Steely Dan - Pretzel Logic

I’ve enjoyed this album since being introduced to it by AC at school (he was a Steely Dan nut).

23 Likes

Pretzel Logic was followed this evening by Aja. Another discovery whilst at school. Brilliant album (like all SD albums).

26 Likes

Third ear band. Alchemy.
Relaxing in 1969 style.

Bought originally on vinyl in Birmingham but that copy disappeared .

6 Likes

Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Outtakes

Danielle Miraglia - Bright Shining Stars

Nigel Kennedy - Vivaldi The Four Seasons

Stu Larsen - Vagabond

Mark Knopfler - Kill To Get Crimson

Been enjoying a real mixed bag this afternoon.

22 Likes

No way!