13 Likes

On CD:
AAron Neville - bring it on home

Great collection of soul covers

8 Likes

No, I shall investigate. Ta.

5159bH8dJ5L.AC

Bonnie Rait - Nick Of Time.

She’s a fine singer, and can’t half play that Fender, so what’s not to like?

19 Likes

I thought they were so good together. Great album!

1 Like

14 Likes

Streaming the new one from the excellent jazz re:freshed bassist Danny Casimir with his quintet including Nubya Garcia and Moses Boyd and an 11 piece brass/woodwind/strings ensemble. Lyrical bang up to date modern jazz with some lovely and varied soloing. Only downside is Bandcamp advise the vinyl won’t be available until May 22!

4 Likes

Fagen. The Nightfly. Vinyl. Hard to believe this is nearly 40 years old, yikes. Serious list of contributing musicians.

27 Likes

On CD:

17 Likes

Miles Davis - Miles Smiles
Juleah - Stoked On Planet Summer
Parquet Courts - Sympathy For Life
Ishmael Ensemble - Visions Of Light

All vinyl.

6 Likes

Never long enough imo :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Prelude to the new Jethro Tull album out next year.

6 Likes

I’ve been decorating today and played a few CDs to help me through it. First up was this album from Bill Frisell which is new to me and reminds me quite a bit of Ry Cooder. No surprise then that Ry guests on the album.

9 Likes

s-l640

13 Likes

Max Richter - Exiles. Thoroughly enjoyed this earlier. Consists of orchestral versions of some of his earlier work.

8 Likes

Weird Scene Inside the Goldmine. The Doors. 2x Vinyl compilation. 1972. Good track choice but no “Light my Fire”. Had this since I was at school.

14 Likes

Start the Friday evening with the classic album Brown Sugar by D’Angelo, what a debut.

5 Likes

Mos Generator - Songs for Future Gods. Stoner rock combo from Port Orchard, Washington.

A Bandcamp discovery.

R-1659116-1273418789.jpeg

3 Likes

UK first press vinyl from 1987. Haven’t listened to this in yonks. It hasn’t aged particularly well, and Jim Ladd is really annoying.

11 Likes