What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Mary Coughlan - Life Stories - WAV CD rip
Jazzy bluesy, Mary can dig into the heart of a self revelatory bleak song and make you feel her pain, and follow it with an upbeat bouncy number, wonderful album.

10 Likes

Roxy Music - Country Life.

27 Likes

Isles by Bicep.

I streamed the pre-album EP a fortnight ago, but there’s nothing quite as satisfyingly visceral as electronic-house-y-techno on vinyl. Especially as they’ve spread the 50mins over 2LPs.

1 Like

Stunning album, I play this regularly

Love this LP, the woman with her head in her hands is Michi Hirota. She is featured on ‘It’s No Game’ from Bowie’s ‘Scary Monsters’ album.
She was originally employed to do the translation but it didn’t fit correctly so Bowie gave her more freedom to improvise (to cut a long story short!).

4 Likes

Paul Simon - You’re The One.

10 Likes

Cool, funnily enough as I hadn’t played the album in a while I actually had a read of the booklet and sort of familiarised myself with the cover again :+1:.

1 Like

11 Likes

7 Likes

Norah Jones - Feels Like Home

Last one of the day.

11 Likes

Foy Vance - The Wild Swan - WAV CD rip
Singer songwriter folk/soul/rock of the top rank, powerful songs, sung with passion and depth, lovely acoustic guitar work and some good band settings, he’s damn good.

7 Likes

Loopsel - The Spiral
Monokultur - Ormens Vag
Duke Ellington - Money Jungle
Bobby Hutcherson - The Kicker
Joe Henderson - Live at Village Vanguard Vol 1

All vinyl

5 Likes

Paul Simon Graceland

24 Likes

Patty Griffin 1000 Kisses

6 Likes

16 Likes

Phantom Limb The Pines

9 Likes

Glad to hear, Blackstar!

1 Like

LP - RUF Records 2011 : )

Kim Simmonds – guitars, keyboards, harmonica, vocals
Pat DeSalvo – bass
Garnet Grimm – drums
Joe Whiting – lead vocals, saxophone

<>

Well it is a full moon tonight :full_moon_with_face:

11 Likes

Bruce Springsteen Letter to You.

16 Likes

Glad you’re enjoying it, it’s a wonderful album recorded in a stone hut in the Snowy Mountains. She and the album just won a stack of awards.

1 Like