What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

616vnWCRRIL.SS500
Genesis, playing this mostly to hear “Home By The Sea”.

14 Likes

Need some calm. This suits fine

8 Likes

LP - EMI 1985 : )

Little Creatures is the sixth studio album by Talking Heads, released on 10th June 1985, by Sire Records. The album examines themes of Americana and incorporates elements of country music, with many songs featuring steel guitar. It was voted as the best album of the year in The Village Voice Pazz & Jop critics poll, and is the band’s best-selling studio album, with over two million copies sold in the United States. The cover art was created by outsider artist Howard Finster, and was selected as album cover of the year by Rolling Stone magazine.

24 Likes

Is that a click bait remark or what? :joy:

2 Likes

Continuing with more “later” Genesis

71nGEwTznML.SS500
Invisible Touch.

9 Likes

On vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :grin:

24 Likes

This four-CD set, Let There Beeb More Light, compiles all the the Pinkies’ BBC appearances, and in stunning quality too. In all cases, the quality is better than those tracks found on the official Early Years box set. Absolutely essential for PF buffs.

I’ll see you in about five hours’ time!

8 Likes

Wings - Band On The Run.

The cover is very tatty and some **** pulled the price sticker off, but the record inside is in excellent condition. Some moments of pure genius on this album.

28 Likes

This four-CD set, Let There Beeb More Light, compiles all the the Pinkies’ BBC appearances, and in stunning quality too. In all cases, the quality is better than those tracks found on the official Early Years box set. Absolutely essential for PF buffs.

Thanks for this, Kev. I didn’t know of it until now.

2 Likes

Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out (Classic Records/Columbia)

Have had a couple of cartridges on home dem over the past couple of weeks or so, this is an album I always reach for…

:heart:

21 Likes

2014 remastered vinyl… :sunglasses: :notes: :+1:t3:

34 Likes

Fink | Bloom Innocent (Acoustic) | 2020

7 Likes

81jFqPFMxLL.SS500
Santana - Inner Secrets.

13 Likes

The Carpenters Singles ‘69-‘81

What a stunning voice Karen had.

21 Likes

John Coltrane - Blue Train (Music Matters 33/Blue Note)

Lee Morgan, Kenny Drew, Curtis Fuller, Paul Chambers & Philly Joe Jones
Forgive the use of technical jargon, musically and sonically this is what’s known as The Dogs B*llocks!

:heart:

20 Likes

Salutation Road. Not, in my opinion, as good as his two previous releases. Even though it’s got some classic songs (Left Us To Burn & the title track) it sounds ‘of its time’.
Still worth a spin though.

7 Likes

On CD:-

David Bowie - Blackstar

17 Likes

Reading the new Jonathan Franzen novel set in the early 70s and Wooden Ships was mentioned so had to dig out the Airplane Volunteers to provide a suitable accompaniment. Top songs, beautiful harmonies and Kaukonen’s flowing guitar work. UK RCA vinyl with tell-tale scorch marks on the back cover.

10 Likes

Absolutely, only Rumer comes anywhere close today.

1 Like

The Rolling Stones | Aftermath (U.S. Version) | 1966
Because I just fancied listening to one of my all time favourite singles and the rest of the album isn’t too shabby either in glorious mono.

21 Likes