What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Lou Reed. Transformer.
This was in constant rotation when I bought it on release but it seems ages since I’ve played it. Has it dated?
Don’t be silly.:sunglasses:

31 Likes

3 Likes

The Band.Cahoots. I have this on vinyl and cd(twice) but I’ve preordered forthcoming 2cd which includes live 1971 performance.
My favourite album of theirs but holding back on the full super deluxe :woozy_face:

2 Likes

It’s turned all wintry so time for a bit of ‘White Winter Hymnal’. I have loved Fleet Foxes ever since Radcliffe and Marconie played Mykonos from the Sun Giant EP in 2008 on their R2 evening show. Have seen them loads since and one of my all time favourite bands

18 Likes

Glad you enjoyed it, wonderful stuff almost otherworldly it gives me goosebumps. Cheers.

2 Likes

Birdy, young heart. Ian Fitchuk & James Ford are said to be behind the drums & mellotron. They are indeed dark and laid back giving rhythm and timing for the most parts. :relaxed:

2 Likes

I’m thinking of doing the same. It’s a fantastic album :blush::+1:

1 Like

Elvis Presley, Sunrise. A great compilation from his period at SUN records. Qobuz. Mu-So Qb 2.

9 Likes

Queen - 1975 A Night at the Opera

Because today is 30 years missing him.

22 Likes

Gurrumul, self titled debut album. Didn’t know about the late Geoffrey Gurrumul Yunupingu or his work but very intrigued with @Pete_the_painter and your comments. Amazing indeed. Thank you to both of you! :blush:

7 Likes

First time through for me. Love this man’s tone.

4 Likes

2 x LP - Polydor/UM 2016 : )

Toy is the thirteenth studio album by the Swiss electronic duo Yello. It was released on 30 September 2016 on Universal Music
In order to promote the album, Yello performed four sold-out shows at Berlin’s Kraftwerk during the last week of October 2016, their first live shows ever

19 Likes

61uK8VAKhDL.SS500
Booker T. - Potato Hole, backed by Drive By Truckers with Neil Young, grungy guitar abounds, with Booker T’s Hammond organ over the top.

6 Likes

17 Likes

711+W-WBmYL.SS500
A bunch of trax of this due out 22nd Feb next year.

12 Likes

It’s been a challenging year with very difficult days so it is quite ironic that since playing Lou Reed Transformer I can’t get Perfect day out of my head.

4 Likes

51WJmZD8mTL.AC
Elvis Rockin’, a decent RCA compilation.

9 Likes

It’s a wonderful track. I still love the album it’s not his best but a gateway fora lot of people (including me). :grin:

And a pleasant evening.

1 Like

Might follow suit and start my day with From Elvis in Memphis.

13 Likes

As approved by the other half of the household.

4 Likes