What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Thanks for being so honest. My ears are OK so it must be the other bit.
Better give it another spin!

1 Like

886e6d0ba710a1f3ccdd742135608f14d9a2e5eb

1989 - Aura // Miles Davis … John McLaughlin guests.

9 Likes

Went to the Royal Opera House last night.

4 Likes

Monty Alexander - Yard Movement (Island Jamaica Jazz 1996)

Original pressing of this superb album with Ernest Ranglin part recorded live at Montreaux Jazz fest and studio in Geneva

Theres a pricey Universal Japan re issue of this out now but based on the sound samples I’ve heard it pales in comparison to the original (I listen to the samples on Juno records, although not “HiFi”, over the years I’ve found when played through my main system gives a very good idea of what to expect) I wont be buying it.

:heart:

2 Likes

Adrian Sherwood At The Controls IIRC
:+1:

1 Like

Chet Baker | Peace - Enja 24bit master edition | 1982
A recent Qobuz download and very enjoyable it is too, sounding wonderful.

5 Likes

Jef Neve - 2014 one

Because I love this art cover as much as the music.

One

Bruce Springsteen - Greetings From Asbury Park N.J.

Debut album. Wonderful.

12 Likes

Rory Gallagher | Top Priority | 1979
I always much preferred to (have watched) or listen to his live recordings but this was a fine studio album where, as ever, he wrung the best out of his Stratocaster.

Rory’s iconic 1961 Fender Stratocaster. Rory bought this guitar for £100 in 1963 on credit from the owner of Crowley’s Music Store in Cork, Michael Crowley. According to the legend, this was the first Stratocaster to ever reach Ireland.

16 Likes

Ernest Ranglin - Below The Bassline (Island Jamaica Jazz 1996)

Following Yard Movement with another great Ernie Ranglin/Monty Alexander. Jazzy interpretations of some classic Ska, Reggae n Dub

Doubleplusgood

:heart:

5 Likes

Courtney Barnett - Things Take Time, Take Time
CD|2021

Following up with Lump - Animals. CD|2021

Lump is Laura Marling and Mike Lindsay. Really enjoying this album.

6 Likes

Now playing…

Jan Garbarek Group - Photo With Blue Sky, White Cloud, Wires, Windows And A Red Roof

Jan Garbarek (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), Bill Connors (Guitar), John Taylor (Piano), Eberhard Weber ( Bass) and Jon Christensen (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this morning with this fabulous album from 1979 with an all star quintet that are sounding sublime! One beautiful album and worth the time to dust it off and take it out for a spin…

7 Likes

A great sounding record

11 Likes

The Band, Cahoots. Qobuz. Mu-So Qb 2.

14 Likes

Now playing…

Jan Garbarek Group - It’s Ok To Listen To The Gray Voice

Jan Garbarek (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), David Torn (Guitar, Guitar Synthesizer, DX 7), Eberhard Weber (Bass) and Michael DiPasqua (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning with another album from the ‘Jan Garbarek Group’ and this quartet is sounding mighty sweet!

7 Likes

Inspired by @johnt ……I’ve gone for a “newly imagined” recording. Love it

24 Likes

Psychic Lemon | 2016
Their eponymous debut of great hard hitting flippin’ excellent psychedelic rock. Utterly recommended if you like you psyche rock hard. These boys recorded it in a Cambridge shed just a few a hundred yards away from where PInk Floyd ‘sort of’ originated with Syd.

3 Likes

I thought I ought to catch-up with the trend. Rather good, I shall have to listen to the latest.

4 Likes

The Sensational Alex Harvey Band - Live, a superb performance, unlike most live albums, this was recorded on a single evening at the Hammersmith Odeon. The setlist contains all the favourites, yet the best known track from this release is probably the cover of " Delilah ".

18 Likes