What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Katie Melua - Acoustic Album No. 8

12 Likes

DJ Kicks - Disclosure, limited edition green vinyl. Just delivered by the postie.

4 Likes

Elvis Presley, As Recorded at Madison Square Garden. A awesome live album by The King! Qobuz. Mu-So Qb 2.

8 Likes

Storm Arwen blowing a hoolie outside so battening down the hatches and getting lost in the whole of Lamb. Nice and loud.

G

16 Likes

The Black Keys - 10th Anniversary Edition Al Camino & Live At Portland ( 2021 remaster Nonesuch 3LP)

Enjoying a first listen to this, fantastic!
Nice pressings and fold out sleeve, poly lined inners and poster.
If I was to be critical the audio sounds a bit compressed but not in a nasty way, I’ve not heard an original press.

:heart:

16 Likes

Happy Earthday Tina Turner

To be honest I was never a particular fan of her later stuff but who could forget her amazing performance as the Acid Queen in Ken Russell’s imagining of Tommy.

If your child ain’t all he should be now…

11 Likes

@adeypoos
Try Art Pepper Meets The Rhythm Section

16 Likes

Some great interpretations.

9 Likes

Larry Young - Unity

Propelled along quite firmly by Elvin Jones, with Woody Shaw (t) and Joe Henderson (ts), Young weaves complex, satisfying, harmonies and solos from his Hammond organ. An album of pure joy.

13 Likes

From Lamb to Brick.

G

20 Likes

tmp_2F1563829182992-mon1jnewgpq-44a3a52d912a736b4057f70ba03ccfe9_2FR-2736802-1298735428.jpeg

Booker Little - Out Front

Original Candid label.

3 Likes

Super.

5 Likes

Some Hall and Oates for later.

13 Likes

Blimey, never heard this on a 555/552…blimey.

G

14 Likes

John Fogerty, The Blue Ridge Rangers Rides Again. Qobuz. Uniti Nova.

9 Likes

Charles Mingus - Mingus Mingus Mingus (Acoustic Sounds Series/Impulse)

Another first listen on the black stuff having previously only had this on a pretty decent CD.
I detect time may have not been too kind to this 58 year old master tape, great stuff nonetheless

14 Likes

Now jammin’

11 Likes

It Bites Live in London

Currently playing the Astoria set from 13 May 1988, which was the London date from the Once Around the World tour. Hence we get the live version of the title track from that album with Frank singing New York, New York. Splendid!

David Knopfler

Songs Of Loss And Love

Edward

12 Likes

Fabulous pairing for this classic.

G

10 Likes