What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

20 Likes

4 Likes

Dion ‘Stomping Ground’. Some incredible guitar licks. Equal to his 2020 album ‘Dion Blues with Friends’

13 Likes

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath on the go earlier (before the neighbours went to bed) :grinning:

16 Likes

To start the day…

Mark Knopfler - 2015 Tracker

17 Likes

Thanks @igahman for reminding me, bought a 5 packs of Southside Johnnys cd in the states a few years ago. Pills and Ammo is probably my favourite.

6 Likes

I don’t think that I know Kate Rusby’s work at all, but am I remembering that she made a wonderful TV programme a few years ago singing Christmas Carols? Whoever sang that was very special indeed!

[Edit: I was replying to a post here, which seems to have disappeared. But I’d still like to know if I am right about the TV programme.]

Pretenders. The singles.
Although I like the group I’ve never actually bought any of their material so thanks to @Klout10 for suggesting I play this. Kicks off with a good version of the Kinks “stop your sobbing “

22 Likes

I think the grumpy one in the middle is Van himself :thinking:

2 Likes

Better days from1991 probably my favourite. Strangely I’ve not heard pills and ammo so it’s in the queue. Thanks.

2 Likes

Sorry all the talk on another thread lead me to this, the best Beatle album? Maybe, great album regardless. The things these guys achieved before they were 30 makes the rest of us look lazy. :grin:

Rubber Soul

25 Likes

As Tom Lehrer said many years ago “ It’s a sobering thought that when Mozart was my age he’d been dead three years.”

4 Likes

Agreed :+1:

Great minds

Rubber Soul my favourite - play it a lot

2 Likes

A recommendation from @Bobthebuilder the other day prompted me to get this. Superb recording and a good pressing.

5 Likes

Van Gogh’s career only lasted 10 years.

1 Like
6 Likes

LP - Capital 1989 : )

Recorded at the Hit Factory, New York, New York. Album Release: 13th September 1989

<<>>

Happy 82nd Birthday Tina! :balloon: :birthday: :balloon:

born Anna Mae Bullock on November 26, 1939 in Brownsville, Tennessee :us:

20 Likes

I know you are right, but my memory fails me as to when. Kate Rusby obviously enjoys Christmas, three albums, a book of songs from those albums…
Two programmes I recall, one was on Channel 5, the other was a BBC Songs of Praise.
If you like Christmas as a tradition, look out for Awake Arise, a tour and album with Lady Maisery, Jimmy Aldridge & Sid Goldsmith.

Kate Rusby refers to herself as a Holly Head (as in petrol head for car lovers), and has an album of that name. Six Christmas/winter albums in my collection (plus all her other albums - yes, Mrs. G. and I like her a lot).

She was due to start her Christmas tour, but she and two band members have tested positive for Covid. Also she is doing another live stream event for Christmas again. Last years was good fun. Look on her website for more info.