What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Was just listening to this the other day and remember how disregarded it was by us young “real music” admirers machos… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Elton John, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. Qobuz. Mu-So Qb 2.

24 Likes

For our wind-battered chums in the North East a bit of Billie on double Verve vinyl compo Stormy Blues. She sure puts everything into every song.

14 Likes

Art Blakey & The Jazz Messengers - The Big Beat.

13 Likes

Just playing this as snow falls in my part of the North East

Luther Vandross - Give Me The Reason.

11 Likes

Another De Agostini Blue Note LP. A real classic, this one:

19 Likes

Love it!

14 Likes

Wow.

2 Likes

Get Back - Part One.

10 Likes

Gurrumul, the Gurrumul story. Feel like having a good listen first thing in the morning on a Saturday down under. It’s so beautiful. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Bob Dylan - The Real Bob Dylan
The Ultimate Collection 3 CD

It’s Dylan time again. All the way from ‘Talkin’ New York’ to ‘Dark Eyes’, with a couple of alternative takes thrown in. It’s all good stuff though.

13 Likes

OK, it’s a joke, but it’s a very good one. Sabs done as trio jazz, on vinyl.

13 Likes

Buddy Guy & Junior Wells Play The Blues.

13 Likes

Found through Bandcamp/Qobuz. Giving the bass response of the XS3 and Neats a workout 8)

“Léonie Pernet’s second album Le Cirque de Consolation inhabits a world where borders dissolve and everyone makes their own unique and singular utopia. The record questions the links between pop music, African cultures and electronic music, neo-classical music or the role of voice, whether human or synthetic. Sophomore albums can be a painful
process for an artist - how refreshing it is to hear one so decidedly optimistic.” Rough Trade

1 Like

Good call but I’ve got it Rich.

1 Like

Charlie Rich, Very Special Love Songs. Qobuz. Mu-So Qb 2.

5 Likes

Anna Gréta Sigurdardóttir - Nightjar in the Northern Sky

2 Likes

51Y0G3lpyzL.AC
Ry Cooder - Why Don’t You Try Me Tonight?, a superb best of, with the tracks mixing well sonically, as his albums were well produced.

17 Likes

My favourite for this evening, can’t beat some Stones from 1978!

22 Likes

No particular reason, more of a desire.

15 Likes