What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Started the evening with Electronic, synth, pop (which really doesn’t do her music and voice justice!) Léonie Pernet
Went a bit nuts with some Techno, Dave Clarke, Archive One.
And ending the evening with Jack Johnson, thank you @NigelB for reminding me that I love his music!

What a recording too.

9 Likes

9 Likes

20 Likes

I don’t remember who posted it. Anyway, tyvm.

11 Likes

Lucinda Williams, happy woman blues. Feels so nice on a Saturday. :relaxed:

11 Likes

Emily James, wanted you to know. Trying something new. So far so good. :relaxed:

3 Likes

I’ve finally managed to climb my way out of the Ana Popovic rabbit hole I fell into - all 9 albums on Qobuz listened to and thoroughly enjoyed enough to dig out the wallet.

I received a notification of a ‘gig’ taking place in March next year at Leeds’ First Direct Arena which looked interesting and surprisingly relatively affordable.

Sabaton
The Hu
Lordi

I know nothing of Sabaton apart from the facts they’re a power metal band whose songs predominantly address war themes and their drummer is married to Nightwish singer Floor Jansen so thought I’d delve into them.

Managed to listen to 2 songs from their first album, the whole of The Great War and now listening to

Sabaton - Coat of Arms

Well to summarise - I think I’ll save myself £50 and not bother going to see them. Pity as I like The Hu

2 Likes

Emily Jones, self titled album. Wanted you to know is just shy of 20mins. Not enough, here’s another. Also a short one. Wonder whether I am just lucky or all her albums and EPs. Thanks :relaxed:

1 Like

Thanks Blue

Linda Lewis, rock a doodle do-o. :relaxed:

6 Likes

On a wet and windy (and unseasonably cold) Saturday afternoon Bruce Springsteen Born to Run.

29 Likes

Steely Dan Can’t Buy a Thrill.

25 Likes

The Go Betweens Oceans Apart. 🥸

4 Likes

Goldfrapp, number 1. :blush:

9 Likes

INXS Shabooh Shoobah

5 Likes

Rickie Lee Jones Pirates

27 Likes

To start the day…