What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

I’m not sure I should be giving a ‘like’ to this given the discussion on the artist specific thread, but this is such a great sounding album, recorded live in the studio too apparently.

1 Like

Interesting mix of pop star and Nine Inch Nails making a nice atmospheric album

1 Like

Much love for this on other threads so thought I’d give it spin. Saw her live a few years ago in a tiny venue. A wonderfully intimate concert with ‘Last Chance Texaco’ a particular treat.

G

22 Likes

Yes Clive, I am a big fan of the music and will continue to enjoy it. However, he has been prone to one or two extreme views over the years. This I feel has done him no favours, but is no different to many artists in the public eye. Put a microphone under their nose and they can spout the most strangest ideas, often said in the moment, without any filter, they have to live with these quotes for the rest of their careers. What do they say?, never meet your heroes.

81AtZVOX4VL.SS500
The Rolling Stones - Black And Blue, surely their best sounding album, currently playing air rhythm guitar to " Crazy Mama ".

29 Likes

4 Likes

Thank goodness the members of the Stones never did or said anything controversial :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Good afternoon Graham :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Any way, aren’t they establishment now ?

1 Like

CD - AliaVox 2003 : )

<<>>

Jean-Baptiste Lully was born on this day in 1632

12 Likes

A super album :+1:

1 Like

I just love the “stop / start” jerky rhythm on “Cherry O Baby”.

Proper reggae.

2 Likes

Calling all Junglist Soldiers for a bit of Sunday afternoon mashing down Babylon…

Congo Natty - Jungle Revolution (Big Dada 2LP)

:heart:

4 Likes

It’s not the most loved of Stones covers, but I enjoy it. You can always trust Keef to sneak some reggae in when he can. Still thumping that bass?

1 Like

Check out Keefs recordings with The Wingless Angel’s

Keef getting increasingly red can be heard slurring its alright for you guys your all sitting down :joy:
:heart:

5 Likes

Resisting the temptation to play some Fabs after all that Get Back, I’ve chosen

Paul McCartney - Chaos And Creation In The Backyard, a great collaboration with Nigel Godrich. Quality photo for the cover by a young Michael McCartney, nice to see him make a small cameo in the Beatles documentary.

9 Likes

On hdcd too, bet that sounds super :+1:

1 Like

Not my usual listening fare though I try to keep open minded about music. Anyway, I think think Adele’s latest is a highly enjoyable listen. Extremely well recorded too and the vinyl quality is excellent

4 Likes

Saw them at the first Knebworth gig, a great band.

1 Like

Following the trail

3 Likes

Mozart. Horn Concertos. Vinyl. A really enjoyable and an easy listen. Whilst watching Football with the sound off. I like Sunday afternoons.

13 Likes