What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

It does. Theres a Vol2 and a reissue of both on double cd but the one I pictured is the one to go for the recording puts you there
:heart:

1 Like

rogers-tale

5 Likes

Half Pint - Greetings (Powerhouse LP)

Absolute blinder of a Dancehall album from the mid eighties, always raises the hairs this one. Half Pints distinctive voice and Sly n Robbie’s stripped back authoritative playing is right on the money and pounds out the speakers as it should.
Produced by George Phang who’s Powerhouse label released some superb music in the mid eighties to rival producers like King Jammy then seemed to disappear from the scene.
Play loud!

3 Likes

Love that photo!

1 Like

Norah Jones, It’s Christmas Time. Qobuz. Mu-So Qb 2.

7 Likes

71rUk6jW80L.AC_UY436_QL65

12 Likes

Bunny Wailer - Rock n Groove (Solomonic LP)

Bunny’s sublime celebration of Sound System and Dancehall.
Whilst lyrically it’s all about having a good time rocking in a dance, love, romance etc. Bunny imbues it with a sense of Rastafari spirit, roots and culture, brilliant musicality from The Roots Radics with extended dub mixes adding a trippy spiritual vibe.
A beautiful uplifting and timeless album

5 Likes

Listened to this before

10 Likes

Enjoyable Latin oriented trio jazz

7 Likes

Hi Alan,

Yep, still slappin’ away … … … learning, via YouTube, in a reggae style, from Donstrumental.

Does get quite LOUD some evenings, but I’m getting there.

2 Likes

Greetings Gianluigi
Nice call, If you like Hempress Sativa, check out Unconquerebel if you havent already

And in a similar vein anything by Jah9

Richie Spice - In The Streets To Africa from back when Is a modern classic
R-2027734-1354384325-9896.jpeg

Bless

1 Like

Great channel, I’m not a musician but I love watching and listening to him
:+1:

1 Like

One of my absolute favourite live albums and my album of the year 2020. Side 3 the best imho. Just great.

12 Likes

Continuing with Sundays Reggae Roast…

Ken Boothe - Inna De Yard (Wagram/Chapter Two LP)

An artist who should need little introduction, the great voice of Ken Boothe who’s been making quality JA music since the Ska era at Studio One.
This is his recent Inna De Yard session recorded acoustically/unplugged at Earl Chinna Smith’s home and open air studio up in the hills
Well worth checking out

3 Likes

On CD:-

51ZcRxs7pCL._AC_1

Tchaikovsky - The Ballets - The Nutcracker - LSO Andre Previn

9 Likes

Prompted by @steviebee’s post above. Indeed, not enough Sonic Youth gets posted here, so let’s spin EVOL on vinyl…

5 Likes

David Bowie Brilliant Adventure (1992-2001)
First listen to Toy.

9 Likes

Nilsson

Proper Calypso.

3 Likes

Saw it last night (well the Matthew Bourne version) but lovely music :grinning:

Thanks a lot!

1 Like