What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Chris Rea - The Road To Hell

24 Likes

I’ve watched quite a few of these vocal coach things, they are actually quite entertaining and interesting. Have seen ‘The Charismatic Voice’ looking at a few other tracks.

3 Likes

Keb’ Mo’ - Oklahoma

17 Likes

Longing for the magical days of cinema-

6 Likes

51xgTNy6VCL.AC
George Harrison - Best Of Dark Horse 1976-1989, listening to this because it has exclusive tracks.

14 Likes

Bo Hansson, Music Inspired By Lord Of The Rings, cd

I had this on vinyl back in the '70s. Then later on cd. Ages since last played. Inspired by a download of the BBC ‘Music From The BBC Radio Dramatisation Of J. R. R. Tolkien’s The Lord Of The Rings’ which, tbh, is nowhere near as good as Mr Hannsons rendition.

10 Likes

28 Likes

Ella Fitzgerald - Clap Hands, Here Comes Charlie!
Hybrid SACD|2012

SACD version of this 1961 album. Love her version of “Night In Tunisia”.

13 Likes

Wewantsounds is delighted to announce the reissue of Omar Khorshid’s highly sought after instrumental album ‘Giant + Guitar’ originally released in 1974 in Lebanon and recorded at Polysound Studio by famed Lebanese engineer Nabil Moumtaz. The album features Khorshid’s unique electric guitar sound mixed with arabic melodies over superb psych arrangements. The album has been newly remastered and comes with the original ‘Voice of Lebanon’ artwork and a 2 page insert featuring liner notes (Eng/Fr) by Lebanese DJ and curator Ernesto Chahoud.
:heart:

2 Likes

CD - from 25CD The Perfect Jazz Collection box-set Vol.1 : )

Recorded at Camp Colomby Studios, Columbia Recording Studios C&B, New York City in October 1975, album released in August 1976

A fabulous album featuring Herbie Hancock, David Sanborn, Wayne Shorter,
and too many more to mention here… :grinning: :+1:

<<>>

Jaco Pastorius was born on this day in 1951

Jaco Pastorius 1951-1987

8 Likes

Ella Fitzgerald And Louis Armstrong ‎– Ella And Louis
Hybrid SACD|2011

Original album released in 1956. Felt like more Ella, and Louis is not half bad either. :slight_smile:

21 Likes
8 Likes

Nils Petter Molvær - Solid Ether

Digital trumpets and drum and bass before work. Top notch.

4 Likes

R-2684382-1296466355.jpeg

Just arrived, today. Wow. Its a fabulously natural, good recording - live.

Ideal to sort out your Central Image - Balance - Stereo problems, IMO.

If you cannot hear Thea’s vocals bang in the middle, there is something wrong at your end…!!

7 Likes

First Aid Kit - Ruins
CD|2018

Haven’t listened to this in a while.

13 Likes

1 Like

Beautiful and haunting

5 Likes

Cleaned so the mammoth listening starts!
Three down, Black Tie White Noise, Buddha and 1.Outside.
Couple of ticks at the beginning of side 2 on BTWN so the river is sending me another box out tomorrow. Now got 30 days to ensure I have a trouble free set!
Apart from the ticks mentioned everyone is flat as a pancake and up to now playing wonderfully. They’ve done a good job with this set @TheKevster I’m sure you’ll be happy

7 Likes

The Beatles - Let It Be Apple Sessions - WAV CD rip
From the box-set, an enjoyable insight into the recordings, although a bit superseded by the recent Get Back release.

18 Likes

The Allman Brothers Band | 1969
Fine old blues rock here on the their eponymous debut album.

17 Likes