What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Birdy, young heart. :relaxed:

7 Likes

Now playing…

Natalie Merchant - Motherland

Natalie Merchant (Fender Rhodes, Piano, Vocals), Matt Chamberlain (Drums, Percussion), Sandra Church (Alto Flute), Nicholas Cords (Viola), Katie Daley (Voices), Kelly Daley (Voices), Karen Dreyfus (Viola), Elizabeth Dyson (Cello), Bruno Eicher (Violin), Mike Elizondo (Bass), Mitch Estrin (Bass Clarinet), Bob Glaub (Bass), Gabriel Gordon (E-Bow, Electric Guitar), Tony Kadleck (Trumpet), Vivek Kamath (Viola), Keefus (Keyboards, Piano), Ann Kim (Violin), Lisa Kim (Violin), Guy Klucevsek (Accordion), David Krakauer (Clarinet), Krystof Kuznik (Violin), Soohyun Kwon (Violin), Greg Leisz (Banjo, Guitar, 12 String Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Mandolin), Graham Maby (Bass), Karen Marks (Violin), Jeremy McCoy (Bass), Phillip Myers (French Horn), [Sandra Park (Violin), Van Dyke Parks (Accordion), Erik Della Penna (Banjo, Bazouki, Guitar, Classical Guitar, Electric Guitar, Lap Steel Guitar, Oud), David Ralicke (Baritone Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, Trombone), Laura Seaton (Violin), Sara Selver (Cello), Robert Shaw (Violin), Fiona Simon (Violin), Mavis Staples (Vocals), Elizabeth Steen (Mellotron), Alan Stepansky (Cello), Chris Tedesco (Trumpet), Patrick Warren (Chamberlin, Pump Organ), Sharon Yamada (Violin) and Jung Sun Yoo (Violin).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with the beautiul and fantastic vocals and music from Natalie and this talented group of musicians and they are sounding mighty sweet!

24 Likes

Just streaming this on hi res.

It is absolutely wonderful. Restoring my faith in the new 552.

7 Likes

Cream Wheels Of Fire US first press, Atco. Monarch pressing… The record itself is getting on a bit but still burns bright, as does the music.

On headphones - don’t think the neighbours would thank me if I didn’t.

19 Likes

51vaZLS6Q0L.AC
Sonny Clark - Cool Struttin’, this sounds sublime in the XRCD24 format pioneered by JVC, wish I had stumbled on these dicontinued discs sooner.

12 Likes

Bruce Hornsby and the Range The Way It Is.

18 Likes

Crowded House Temple of Low Men

15 Likes

More 1968 goodness: Amphetamine Annie from the one and only Canned Heat Boogie With… Sounds fab in this UK mono. And to be frank, I need this to wake me up a bit after Ginger’s Toad

10 Likes

Lovely slow building jam session:

6 Likes

Luke Bloom The Acoustic Motorbike

7 Likes

Powderfinger Odyssey Number 5

3 Likes

Elbow - Flying Dream 1, really enjoying the the first track.

10 Likes

To start the day…

Peter Gabriel - 1992 Us

25 Likes

This one seems to divide Joni fans. I think it might be my favourite of hers.

1 Like

The Bevis Frond - Little Eden

My favourite album of this year.

Vinyl.

11 Likes

1 Like

Dean Martin, A Winter Romance. Qobuz. Mu-So Qb 2.

3 Likes