What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Rossington Collins Band. Vinyl. 1980. Spot the Skynyrd members!

unnamed

2 Likes

Adele - 30 - WAV CD rip
Still enjoying it, some very strong songs, voice not as powerful as before, but she interprets the songs well. I really find track 3 a bit creepy and unusually for me skip over it.

2 Likes

51Bl9kwkuxL.AC

51ptSAQdHIL.AC-2

Black Uhuru - Sinsemilla.

Their third album, with Sly and Robbie added for, you know, “stuff” and production.

9 Likes

Someone recommended this very recently, and now so do I. This really is wonderful. If you havent heard it please have a listen.

17 Likes

Etta James - Blues To The Bone

15 Likes

On vinyl… :+1:t3: :notes: :grinning:

18 Likes

Bear’s Sonic Journals - Johnny Cash at the Carousel Ballroom, April 24, 1968
CD|2021

HDCD

4 Likes

81vLohCTjWL.SS500

Black Uhuru - Chill Out.

More reggae goodness from Black Uhuru, with Sandra “Puma” Jones featuring more prominently than on my previous one ^^^^^^, which, of course, is just as it should be.

5 Likes

Pink Floyd - Meddle, the cover is a bit tatty now but the vinyl sounds superb… :grinning: :notes: :sunglasses:

32 Likes

Black Uhuru. Red.
It would be rude not to join you Dave.

9 Likes

They’re a bit good, innit.

1 Like

Jackson Browne. 2X CD. When I first heard this I thought it sounded like a load of Eagles leftovers. I was wrong, the songs really grow on you. Excellent.

14 Likes

If you like this, you should also listen to Turbulent Indigo. I love them both.

1 Like

Thanks for that chap! Another I havent heard. I have a box set of her first 10 albums which are excellent but her later stuff I know less well.

Andy

1 Like

https://www.worldcat.org/title/trumpet-concertos/oclc/255913115?lang=fr

1 Like

Now Playing…

Antonio Forcione - Ghetto Paradise

Antonio Forcione (Guitar, Classical Guitar, Nylon String Guitar, Steel Guitar, Spanish Guitar), Ansuman Biswas| (Overtone, Vibraphone) Kai Eckhardt de Camargo (Fretless Bass|), Bosco DeOliveira| (Percussion, Timbales), Nic France|Drums), Trilok Gurtu| (Drums, Shaker, Tabla|), Ed Jones (Soprano Saxophone), Davide Mantovani (Bass, Synthesizer Horn) and Roberto Manzin (Alto Saxophone).

Streaming on NAS (44.1/16)… kicking off this Thursday morning with Antonio and with this fine & talented group of musicians and they are sounding sublime! One fine album to kick start the day…

14 Likes

This Dexter Gordon album is just excellent. It’s a Blue Note Tone Poet pressing and the sound quality is just extraordinary. Expensive, but worth it.

10 Likes

Robin Laing - Up In The Dram Room

Friend gave me a tip about this. He got the CD which according him came with a bottle of Bruichladdich :grin:
Album is not bad,not a masterpiece but quite enjoyable.
Here’s the story behind it:
http://www.robinlaing.com/Up_in_the_Dram_Room.html

2 Likes

The Kinks | Muswell Hillbillies | 1971

14 Likes

The Beatles - A Hard Day’s Night

On vinyl.
These boys should go places!

27 Likes