What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Love the Robin Trower guitar on “watchtower”

1 Like

Yes, he’s pretty good throughout, I always enjoy “Simple Twist Of Fate” too.

Joni Mitchel & James Taylor, Live in the UK 1970, the rare London radio broadcasts. Very intrigued. Thank you so much @bruss. :blush:

Haven’t played it through yet. Track 2 ends abruptly after 2m27s. Hope it’s not a pattern through the entire album. Always enjoy Joni’s dialogs. :relaxed:

Edit: only track 2 is cropped, maybe it’s an issue with Tidal only. This album is not available on Qobuz.

7 Likes

Wynton Kelly Trio + Wes Montgomery
Smokin’ At The Half Note / 2005 Verve / EU CD / 0075021034761

10 Likes

Joni Mitchell - Night Ride Home - original U.K. vinyl
My favourite late Joni, she’s one of my favourite 20th century poets, and her ability to capture a moment in a couplet is on full view here. Beautifully sung with the deeper later voice, wonderful album.
Thanks to the people who played it earlier for prompting me.

22 Likes

On CD. This was recommended on the electronica thread a few years ago. Really feels like it is inside your head.

1 Like

B.B. King - There Is Always One More Time, with some help from The Crusaders.

14 Likes

Christy Moore -Flying Into Mystery - release vinyl
Latest album from Christy Moore, and it’s another masterful slab of Irish folk. Light-hearted tracks and powerful heartfelt numbers, he can make you laugh and then raise hairs on your arms with the next song.

9 Likes

If you want to hear your system, strings baby!

…nearly jump out of the chair at 8:19…lol…

4 Likes

Good shout Bruss will have a look for this tomorrow!

Andy

3 Likes

I absolutely love Joni.

4 Likes

Bob Dylan - Freewheelin’ - MFSL 45rpm vinyl
My favourite Dylan, His Bobness with gittar and harp and a set of great folk songs. Still powerful and relevant decades on.

19 Likes

Me too!

1 Like

I confess I’ve been digging “Dylan and the Dead” lately too…

2 Likes

I also dipped into this before going out tonight. Her live version of Woodstock is just magical!

19 Likes

Jaco!

2 Likes

Pat Metheny too!

4 Likes

Yeah…wow. I’m surprised Qobuz does have it in hi res and Apple is not, Apple is lossless but not hi res lossless. Ok…Qobuz it is!

1 Like

God…I was up to “Goodbye Pork Pie Hat” before I realized I’m blasting at like 64 on the volume dial (afraid to look at dB…lol)…

Ok…sanity restored…

The blood seeping out of my ears clued me in…lol…

1 Like

You are bad!

1 Like