What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Love these 2 albums, they always put a smile on my dial.

Rod Stewart Every Picture Tells a Story and Never a Dull Moment.

24 Likes

Johnny Cash and Owsley… the mind boggles.

1 Like

That’s when Rod was super-cool. The Stones in the early 70’s were the punks, the bad boys. Rod was the good guy. His stage was all white. It was polar opposites and nearly equal footing with the Stones for a minute. But Rod, again in my estimation, just like Elton John, lost their cool. Rod lost his with “Atlantic Crossing” and Elton, for sure, lost his cool by “Captain Fantastic.” They both became pop-sellouts. Again…my opinion. But both early were, in the early 70’s as cool as anyone.

3 Likes

Brilliant album!

The vinyl got recommended on the old naim forum over a decade ago when the 2LP album was in the HMV sales for a bargain £5
Purchased my copy in June 2010 going by the HMV sticker.

Funny enough i looked at my vinyl copy just the other day, it’s on my soon to play list…
i’d play it now but it’s gone half past midnight here,
and i don’t want to wake the cats up :slightly_smiling_face:

Rods work certainly went downhill after these two imo. By the 80s he unfortunately was starting to sound like a tied middle aged crooner.

Elton best work was definitely in the 70s however unlike Rod, Elton is a genius. While he has had some less than average albums he still manages to make himself relevant. He still puts out a few good albums, Songs from the West Coast and the Captain and the Kid were strong albums imo. His recent album (at the risk of coping some ridicule) is a pretty decent crack at staying relevant. He’s smart enough to use younger artists to work with.

Rods tied attempt of the often boring American Song Book type albums a few years ago is the exact opposite.

2 Likes

HEM, eveningland. Maybe premature but after rabbit songs I am moving to eveningland already albeit it’s only noon down under. :relaxed:

Sounds so nice.

3 Likes

I probably play Young Americans more than any other album by Bowie.

19 Likes

Public Service Broadcasting, Spitfire (remixed). Can’t remember who mentioned Inform . Educate . Entertain. Love spitfire so much I am playing this album. :relaxed:

Sorry to those who are sick of spitfire after the 20+ revisions and couldn’t wait until they are retired. :relieved:

6 Likes

Elmore James The Sky is Crying

5 Likes

Bobby “Blue” Bland First Class Blues

7 Likes

Bob Marley and the Wailers Kaya

14 Likes

Elton John Empty Sky

10 Likes

Rods Gasoline Alley was a pretty good album also

Yes after those 3 , not worth it

I made the mistake of seeing him a number of years ago - both shockers, horrible

2 Likes

Whenever someone says “the greatest guitarist is” I just giggle…

7 Likes

To start the day…

Keith Jarrett / Charlie Haden - 2010 Jasmine

8 Likes

Available on Amazon stream.

Goldfrapp, number 1. Sorry I know I play this way too often. Work week is done, weekend starts now down under and I just can’t help it. :relaxed:

10 Likes

6 Likes

Morning session-

5 Likes

Mrs Pete away for a few nights. Home alone on a Friday night, somethings never change. :grin:

Fleetwood Mac Rumours

33 Likes