What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

David Bowie, Brilliant Adventure, box set no5.

Just finished the 3xBBC live albums. Just the 4xReCall to go.
Up to now this has been FLAWLESS, I can’t believe it! Mastering is superb and all vinyl flat as a pancake.
Just for information there’s crackles on the tracks:
‘1.Ian Fish’ & ‘Black Tie White Noise’
They’re INTENSIONAL and aren’t a defect!

8 Likes

Haven’t played it in a while Dave, I think I know what’s going on next.

1 Like

No need to be. I don’t have the vinyl or even the cd. Just listening over Qobuz. I figure there are so much materials out there I would just stream and never have time to listen to the same thing twice. Of course I am not doing the latter… :wink:

The only pain with my approach is that some rare and great labels such as Hyperion are not available so I am at the mercy of Qobuz and Tidal. :sweat_smile:

And I have bought several albums… couldn’t resist that. :relieved:

Lols… I still buy actual tangible media… :astonished:
So CD’s for anything recent or modern, LP’s for old stuff… :thinking:

(but at least its not you, buying the ones I wanted, on Discogs… :expressionless: )

1 Like

Dion - Blues With Friends

16 Likes

Not played this fine Youssou Ndoor album in years. Highly recommended.

G

3 Likes

Turn it UP! :innocent:

1 Like

First Christmas tree up and being decorated so what else but some jolly xmas tunes. On CD:
71TAg0+JwAL.AC_UY436_QL65

6 Likes

Bang! The Greatest Hits Of Frankie Goes To Hollywood, as per instructions - LOUD @dave-marshall

7 Likes
6 Likes

On CD:
7114XQhevaL.AC_UY436_QL65
Paul Carrack - One On One

10 Likes

I’d love a vinyl copy of this live set but unfortunately none exists so it’s only Tidal for now.

America - History: Greatest Hits on CD rip. A fine compilation of tracks from the band America, obviously best known for A Horse With No Name.

10 Likes

8 Likes

Louis Armstrong & Friends - What A Wonderful Christmas
CD

Felt like some Christmas tunes. Friends include Dinah Washington and Mel Torme.

13 Likes

Oscar Peterson - A Time For Love (live) - (2021)
A concert Live in Helsinki, 1987.
Great album and SQ in Qobuz Hi-Res

One hour and fifty minutes !

9 Likes

It’s on Qobuz in both CD and Hi-Res.

Really… I have almost no idea what QBUzz is… sorry… :thinking:

I buy and collect CD’s - and LP’s…

1 Like

Very 'Six Wives '- ish… This, IMO, is a good thing…!!! Lots of fab Prog sounds…!!!

6 Likes

Can | Live in Brighton 1975
First play of this just released album… that’s me happily done for the next hour and a half.

‘Live in Brighton 1975’ is the second album of a curated series of Can live concerts. Originally recorded on tape, this carefully restored live album comprises the entirety of the show in the format of a story with a beginning, middle and end, bringing Can’s performance to life.

8 Likes