What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Hot off the press, the latest Springsteen archive release…

12 Likes

Easing into Friday evening.

G

7 Likes

LP - WB reissue : )

Tony Iommi – guitar
Geezer Butler – bass
Bill Ward – drums
Ozzy Osbourne – vocals, harmonica on “The Wizard”

Recorded at Regent Sound Studios, London on 16th Oct 1969 / Album release 13th Feb 1970

<>

Happy 73rd Birthday Ozzy! :birthday: :balloon: :bat:

born on 3rd December 1948 at Marston Green Maternity Hospital in Coleshill, but grew up in the Aston area of Birmingham :uk:

20 Likes

Calexico - Seasonal Shift
CD|2020

Keeping with the Christmas tunes.

8 Likes

Christmas with Hank Snow. Qobuz. Mu-So Qb 2.

3 Likes

26 Likes

Streaming on Tidal – waiting for the vinyl to arrive…

9 Likes

Hi @patk, I have an active dislike of Christmas albums by bands or artists who would not normally indulge the season. Is this any good? I do like Calexico but I’m not sure that I could handle anything too Christmasy from them.
Cheers. S

4 Likes

Time for some Big Sam - no not that one. On ‘Contours’ Rivers and a stellar band play their socks off. Enthralling stuff hard bop collides with free jazz on superb BN TP vinyl.

7 Likes

Sally Ellyson. Voice of an angel.

The Very Best of Matt Munro | 1995
Such a wonderful yet underrated voice, he was up against the American crooners of the time and was never able to crack that market in a big way. Wonderful to listen to him again, I must try and find a better sounding copy of this.

8 Likes

Gerry Mulligan - Night Lights

Well that’s a shame!! Sounds like there might be some good music on this record, but my copy is plagued with clicks and crackles. On side one, I counted (yes, I really did) 66 clicks and 82 crackles. This is after three passes on the Okki Nokki. I’ll get a replacement but it’s very disappointing. Oh well, onwards! Return and replacement organised.

2 Likes

Loretta Lynn, White Christmas Blue. Qobuz. Uniti Nova.

6 Likes

Beth Orton Sugaring Season

12 Likes

Sandy Denny | The North Star Grassman And The Ravens | 1971
What a wonderful voice and tragic early loss for us all.

16 Likes

Now Playing…

Foy Vance -Signs of Life

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… kicking off this late morning with Foy and his ‘Signs of Life’ album and the music is sounding sublime! After a very busy week I had a bit of sleep in this morning, the joy of retirement…

8 Likes

Croz

15 Likes

11 Likes

Imperial Zep, on quadruple vinyl:

25 Likes

Bob Dylan - Biograph.

3 CD box set comprising released and unreleased tracks in no particular order, covering the years 1962-1981.

14 Likes