What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Three of my favourite bands, Uncle Tupelo, Wilco and Son Volt. I remember buying my first Tupelo record and the shop sticker said a delicious slice of Cow Punk.

4 Likes

Not one I had in the collection. A different ‘80’s sounding’ Dead and a very fine recording make for an enjoyable listen.

G

7 Likes

But the sheer sound is magical.

Very nice. Lucky Ones could be Del Amitri.
Thanks for recommendation.

1 Like

Enjoying this recent re-release very much

9 Likes

You have great taste! I love Wilco also, saw them with Sonic Youth opening! Wow what a show!

2 Likes

91-XYAAdJOL.SS500
John Lennon - Mind Games, not his best, but still some decent songs to be enjoyed.

15 Likes

Also listing to that one, from Tori, right now…!!!

Agreed,just meant that playing cd of show doesn’t manage to replicate the live experience,the visuals are all important with that show.

Keep coming back to this - lovely mellow album, perfect for the weekend…

Lisa Mills Live At Catt’s Brown Bag
Lisa playing a lovely stripped back set, just her singing and playing her archtop guitar.

5 Likes

Wilco play Glasgow on a regular basis and have caught them 4/5 times, all excellent. I have seen Sonic Youth a few times, the highlight being the Dirty tour supported by Pavement.

1 Like

Staying with “Johnny Rhythm”

81uZSUFFNXL.SS500
John Lennon - Walls and Bridges.

11 Likes

Its on a regular rotation with me since it’s release, definitely ticks a number of boxes nicely.

Heads up for Beeb 2 tonight.

22.00 :

Phil Lynott - Songs for While I’m Away.

The life and music of the Thin Lizzy frontman, told extensively through the words of Lynott himself.

23.30 :

Live gig from The Regal Theatre in Hitchin, Herts. from January 1983.

12.00 a.m. :

The Irish Rock Story: A Tale of Two Cities.

An examination of how the harder sounds of Belfast merged with the more folk-centric traditions of Dublin.

15 Likes

Nels Cline is an amazing guitarist.

1 Like

3 Likes

:+1::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Personally I dont consider them expensive, AAA mastering, RTI pressed, gatefold Tip On Stoughton Sleeves. A lot of love goes into these and at around £35 more than worth it.
I’d rather buy 3 TP’s for the (over) price of say a Mofi One Step or AP UHQR for example.
Enjoy
:heart:

I wonder how that sounds compared to the Japanese CD version which I received this morning.

1 Like