Iggy Pop Brick by Brick

8 Likes

Ella Fitzgerald, Ella and Louis. :blush:

18 Likes

I don’t play Led Zep much but I do like this album. Physical Graffiti

31 Likes

Silje Nergaard, self titled album. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Lou Reed A Prefect Night - Live in London.

12 Likes

Tom Waits Rain Dogs

13 Likes

Sade Diamond Life

24 Likes

Katie Melua, acoustic album no.8. I like this verson. :relaxed:

12 Likes

Edenbridge, the chronicles of Eden part 2. My first try of Edenbridge. :relaxed:

3 Likes

The Pretenders Isle of View.

18 Likes

Recommended in yesterday’s paper. A mix of Jazz and Middle Eastern influences. Opening track seems promising

1 Like

IIRC her name was Plum(b) and she was the wife of the then President of the NFU.

3 Likes

To start the day…

Van Morrison - 1998 The Philosopher’s Stone

17 Likes

On CD:-

Janine Jansen - Vivaldi - The Four Seasons

8 Likes

Saturday prog brunch-

20 Likes

Some Saturday morning cool reggae from Alpha Boys School Radio, via the Soundgarden app.

Edit : Found it on the Naim app … … … 44.1kHz, though only 54kb/s … … … still, when the music is this good, who cares?

4 Likes

The Beatles - Revolver

Maybe not my favourite Beatles album, but still better than most output from other artists!

27 Likes

Some music to prepare tomorrow’s chilli to…

13 Likes

Shut your eyes, could be Peter Gabriel… not a bad thing mind.
Lovely album.

1 Like

Son Volt is the definition of American roots rock. The term “alt-country” was coined after Jay and Jeff’s prior band Uncle Tupelo released “No Depression” and people struggled to categorize the music. From about 1990 until just a few years ago there was a music magazine titled “No Depression” which covered, what came to be called “alt-country.” When the band Uncle Tupelo split, as the review says they formed the two bands. Both have survived, Wilco has had quite a bit of commercial success while Son Volt has maintained a solid cultish following. I saw Son Volt in 1996 and have loved them all along (was as heartbroken by UT breakup as I was the Beatles?)

So, point: Wilco has sold millions more albums and I’d say has a much wider critical appeal. So this review is quite surprising to me, and great! Well done Marc Zisman!

Give it a listen. And Hi res on Qobuz! Awesome!

(The album is “Electro Melodier.”

7 Likes