What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Peter Frampton Band - Frampton Forgets The Words
CD|2021

10 Likes

You are not wrong. Here is another, which arrived yesterday. Kenny Burrell is just such a wonderful guitarist.

8 Likes

20 Likes

I watched “The Big Lebwoski” tonight. Thought it would be great to start my listening session with some Creedence Clearwater Revival …

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Willy and the Poor Boys

16 Likes

And here is another. A wonderful, wonderful record.

15 Likes

This is on CD, a very early (1978) recording for the BBC with a 1980 performance of Tunnel of Love. It’s actually a better listen than the subsequent Alchemy and On The Night sets.

13 Likes

Ladies and Gentlemen,

today we have to celebrate: On December 4th 1971 Deep Purple recorded “Smoke on the Water” and maybe one of the most famous guitar riffs.

Happy Anniversary!

16 Likes

Imelda May, life love flesh blood. I listen to this too often I know. But I just swapped back to my proac just for the fun of it so I have to see how sweet they sound. Ahem, I mean how sweet she sounds. :wink:

13 Likes

Paul Desmond Take Ten / 2010 Columbia / EU CD / 88697694582

Paul Desmond Alto Saxophone
Eugene Wright, Gene Cherico, George Duvivier Bass
Jim Hall Guitar
Connie Kay Drums

8 Likes

Christone “Kingfish” Ingram - 662
CD|2021

11 Likes

I always think Mark Knopfler sounds like he is going through the motions performing live and is just bored out of his mind.

3 Likes

Fleetwood Fire - "You Make September Fun" - YouTube Fleetwood Mac/ Earth, Wind and Fire mash up.

Listening to these amazing mash ups by Bill McClintock. He’s a music teacher in America and there are some real classics here. My favourite is the Motörhead/Bob Marley “killed by death/Exodus” mash up. It’s brilliant!

3 Likes

St. Andrew’s Day at the Beeb.

Load ay live Jock Rock.

Pure, dead, brilliant.

Liverpool?

Pah!

Jist watch it, ken … … … an’ get yer rocks off, honey.

2 Likes

I could be wrong but I think the fire occurred on the 4th - after which the lyrics were penned by Gillan - but the recording sessions for the song itself and the rest of the album took place between 6-21 December.

1 Like

Oh, thank you for correcting me. I always thought it was recorded on that December 4th, but finished later. But you may be right. Sorry … :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

One of Dexter’s 1960’s recordings live in Copenhagen - on Steeplechase
I do enjoy them, got quite a few

Dexter Gordon (s) (voc)
Tete Montoliu (p)
Niels Henning Orsted Pederson (b)
Rune Carlsson (d)

6 Likes

51p3kNeCYzL.AC
The Oscar Peterson Trio - We Get Requests, remastered.

13 Likes

John Phillips - Pay Pack & Follow

Feelgood, country Stones-ey sound. Impossible not to like.

Introduced to me by both my guitarist brothers.

2 Likes

John Martyn - Glorious Fool

On CD.

It’s just a pleasure.

8 Likes

Sarah Jarosz, world on the ground. Digging sweet voice right now. :relaxed:

13 Likes