What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

4 Likes

8 Likes

Diana Krall, glad rag doll. I don’t play this very often. Today is the day. :relaxed:

11 Likes

2 x LP - Universal reissue : )

The Mothers of Invention

Frank Zappa – guitar, conductor, vocals
Jimmy Carl Black – percussion, drums, vocals
Ray Collins – vocals, harmonica, cymbals, sound effects, tambourine, finger cymbals
Roy Estrada – bass & guitarrón, boy soprano
Elliot Ingber – alternate lead & rhythm guitar with clear white light

Recorded at TTG Studios, Hollywood in March 1966. Album release 27th June 1966

<<>>

Frank Zappa died on this day in 1993

Zappa died from prostate cancer on December 4, 1993, 17 days before his 53rd birthday at his home with his wife and children by his side. At a private ceremony the following day, his body was buried in a grave at the Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery, in Los Angeles. The grave is unmarked. On December 6, his family publicly announced that “Composer Frank Zappa left for his final tour just before 6:00 pm on Saturday”

15 Likes

A post on the Awesome YouTube thread by @Gandalf sent me looking for more of this guy.

Random pick but will be exploring more of his output.

Eric Gales - Bookends

5 Likes

Written by Wolves, secrets. Switched speakers and trying something new. A lot of kick with this one. :relaxed:

1 Like

Good evening, and sorry not to reply earlier. I didn’t manage to get up to the music room to play/compare the Japanese CD press of ‘LA Woman’ today (actually yesterday now).

I will do so tomorrow, and will post my thoughts here.

Beeb 2 live concert, featuring John Sykes on joint lead guitar duties with Scott Gorham.

I know I posted this only yesterday, but for any Lizzy fans out there, you really must watch this … … … one of their best ever live sets captured on film.

12 Likes

Public Service Broadcasting, Inform . Educate . Entertain. :blush:

10 Likes

Pink Floyd Meddle, perfect for an early Sunday afternoon after a big night.

32 Likes

Frankie goes to Hollywood, welcome to the pleasure dome. Relax! :relaxed:

17 Likes

Yello, touch. :relaxed::notes:

15 Likes

Nils Lofgren, acoustic live. Keith don’t go! :relaxed::notes:

18 Likes

Mike Oldfield Crisis

18 Likes

Patti Smith Horses

20 Likes

The Beatles

28 Likes

Apologies in advance but you can always hold off until next year.

Ike Quebec - Blue and Sentimental is an exceptional record that sees Ike as band leader and Grant Green backing him up, original so called Audiophile copies are very, very expensive now but nothing wrong with either the DMM French 1980’s copies or the D’aghostini Jazz at 33 there are also French copies from 1984 that are reasonably priced but I’ve not heard those do avoid the 75th Anniversary from 2016 though.

3 Likes
7 Likes

Both on original vinyl. The P8 bringing these to life.

13 Likes

Ben Harper, winter is for lovers. :relaxed:

12 Likes