What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

LP - Caroline International 2014 : )

Recorded in Berlin and London 2013. Album released 14th April 2014

Hendra is the second studio album released by the English singer, author and multi-instrumentalist Ben Watt on April 15, 2014 through Unmade Road, under exclusive license to Caroline International. The record is a collaboration with Bernard Butlerand features a guest-appearance by David Gilmour on slide guitar and backing vocals on “The Levels”.

This is Watt’s first solo album for three-decades since his 1983’s debut, North Marine Drive

<<>>

Happy 59th Birthday Ben Watt! :birthday: :balloon: :balloon:

born in Marylebone on 6th December 1962, and grew up in Barnes, London :uk:

11 Likes

Pardon?

1 Like

I really like this station and agree that it sounds far better than 128 kps would indicate

1 Like

everything but the girl worldwide / 1992 blanco y negro / Germany CD / 9031765832

I don’t have any solo Ben my collection, so giving this a spin to celebrate his birthday.

Note the cover features my usual asterisk avatar symbol - currently in white for the season!

9 Likes

Four Tet - Rounds

On vinyl.

6 Likes

You should find you’ve actually got more than 30 days to return at this time of year. [Xmas rules}
Check on your Orders page and you might find you have until end of January.

Chris Stapleton - Starting Over

12 Likes

Rather than dig out the individual albums, thought I’d go Collected…the best of Massive Attack triple album set.
Why? Come on

Prompted by Robert Del Naja on Sky Arts, talking about street art in Bristol.

20 Likes

Sorry Stan wasn’t too clear, I have 30 days to send one of the boxes back. Forgot that the ‘clicks’ were intentional so didn’t need the replacement box!
Can’t believe that the whole box is perfect!

1 Like

Dave Brubeck Time Further Out / 1996 Columbia / Austria CD / CK64668

The genius of Time Out goes even further with the follow up release.

13 Likes

John Miles - Decca Singles 1975-1979
As @Gazza pointed out that John Miles has sadly passed away, I thought I would give this one a play, I had forgotten what a great musician he was.

12 Likes

I wonder how many kids went out and bought a pair of Levis 501s on the strength of that album cover.

The attractive girl perhaps not so easy to get onboard to walk through the snow with.

1 Like

It’s not christmas without Elvis :santa::crown::santa:

8 Likes

Novel use of the ironing board there.

Clearly you never get board with a Carol from Elvis, and why not.

Mark Knopfler - Tracker

17 Likes

Danielle Miraglia - Bright Shining Stars
CD|2020

4 Likes

A festive Diga Rhythm Band, my better copy (have two). Great stuff.
Mickey Hart’s Planet Drum next, if I’ve time.

5 Likes

s-l500

5 Likes

Evening session-

17 Likes