What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Great album David - one of my favourite Springsteen albums

1 Like

Grand Funk Railroad. Grand Funk.
Subtle this is not. Loud but not to the levels of our North Yorkshire gang.

7 Likes

1 Like
2 Likes

2 Likes

A gentle start to today’s tunes

2 Likes

On CD:-

Wishbone Ash - Portsmouth 1980

6 Likes

We saw him at the Barbican in 1995 and 2005 with the family band, they were excellent both times.

From my dad’s collection…

6 Likes

5 Likes

Is it as good as I think it will be? I have heard a track, Corn, so far and that was good…

1 Like

I’m loving it…it’s been on repeat for pretty much half the day

1 Like

The Dave Brubeck Quartet Time Out / 1997 Columbia / Austria HDCD / CK 65122

I was there in 1995 at the Barbican, a truly amazing experience.

18 Likes

We wondered what was going to happen when he came out being helped to walk, but once he sat down all was good.

1 Like

Balimaya, balimaya project, wolo so. Entertaining. :relaxed:

4 Likes

Ashley Monroe, like a rose. :relaxed:

6 Likes

Yes - Close to the Edge

No. 1 choice to take to my desert island.

22 Likes

Molly Tuttle - When You’re Ready

On Vinyl

7 Likes

Hank Mobley Soul Station / 1999 Blue Note / Netherlands CD / RVG Edition / 724349534322

Hank Mobley Tenor Saxophone
Paul Chambers Bass
Wynton Kelly Piano
Art Blakey Drums

First full play of this excellent CD, sounding great - as it should, given the line-up!

13 Likes

Listening to this a lot recently and perfect for background music, sounds lovely on my new Spendor Classic 3/1’s and remarkably good for 128k, if you’re a BBC Radio 3 fan give this a try.

5 Likes

Bunny Wailer - Tribute (Solomonic JA 1981 LP)

Superb original JA press of Bunnys album paying tribute to Bob Marley, released the same year as Rock n Groove with a similar line up of musicians including Sly n Robbie and The Radics.
Bunny takes the songs back to their stripped backed roots with an early eighties Dancehall friendly updating (for the time).

I have to say I love Bunny’s interpreting of these songs on this album more than the Bob Marley & The Wailers rock audience friendly versions as good as they are

:heart:

6 Likes