What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Paul Oakenfold - Ready Steady Go (Edit) [feat. Asher D] (Slowed Down)

1 Like

Miles Davis 'Round About Midnight / 2009 Columbia / EU CD / 88697491962

Miles Davis Trumpet
John Coltrane Tenor Saxophone
Red Garland Piano
Paul Chambers Bass
Philly Joe Jones Drums

13 Likes

1975 - Another Green World - ENO

11 Likes

81lvs5LvUCL.SS500
Boz Scaggs - Memphis, lovely sound on this album.

11 Likes

1968 Saffa jazz classic on superb Mr Bongo reissue vinyl. Swinging funky n joyous.

3 Likes

John Kelly, well respected Irish music head, presents his own show ‘Mystery Train’ every week Sun to Thurs 7pm to 9pm UTC on Ireland’s Lyric FM, Well worth a listen for an eclectic mix of sounds and new releases. Recommended.

3 Likes

David Bowie - Hunky Dory, on the green label RCA International 80s reissue. I’ve been playing the green labels a lot this week and they sound superb, this one bought when at school and still one of my most prized records.

27 Likes

23 Likes

Now Playing…

June Tabor - Ashore

June Tabor (vocals), Andy Cutting (diatonic accordion), Mark Emerson (viola & violin), Tim Harries (double bass) and Huw Warren (Piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Tuesday with June with this fabulous quartet to carry me through the noon hour and she and the talented group of musicians working with her are sounding sublime! One very fine album, love it… A busy morning with my wife receiving her Covid-19 booster and then off to the grocery store. Life is sweet on this gray, damp and chilly day!

9 Likes

More Boz

81B+qx4E-xL.SS500
Out Of The Blues.

14 Likes

Belief this is the first time I am really listening to this, atmospheric tones so far

3 Likes

The Chieftains - 1995 The Long Black Veil

7 Likes

Art Blakey A Night At Birdland Vol 1 / 2001 Blue Note / EU CD / RVG Edition / 724353214623

Lou Donaldson Alto Saxophone
Clifford Brown Trumpet
Curly Russell Bass
Horace Silver Piano
Art Blakey Drums

10 Likes

Another side of Bob Dylan. Vinyl.

11 Likes

Josefin Öhrn + The Liberation | 2016
Sticking with psychedelic rock and a band I really enjoy, these are a couple of remixes The State I’m In and Through my Mind off her Mirage album.

3 Likes

Glitterbug. Privilege

Sara K. and Chris Jones, are we there yet, live in concert. Started with a spin of Diana Krall’s Christmas album and it just didn’t click with me. Had to switch over to something I really like. This one put me back in a good place very quickly and very well. Water falls is so beautiful. :relaxed:

I might try Frank Sinatra Christmas album instead when the sour taste is completely gone.

3 Likes

Thanks heaps for the correction! :relaxed:

1 Like

Just the right tonic

1 Like

After a wild Yorkshire day, time to chill with the Master.

Chill_Out_(John_Lee_Hooker_album)

18 Likes