What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

On CD:-

Ella & Friends - Christmas With Ella & Friends

13 Likes

Very much enjoying this new Bowie Brilliant Adventures box set.

10 Likes

81qiccel9xL.SS500

Dreadlocks In Moonlight - various artists.

A fine selection of chilled reggae, and just the thing as I bounce around the kitchen preparing this evening’s repast.

Among other classics, it contains “To Be A Lover”, by George Faith … … … Belter!

6 Likes

Nils Frahm’s new album, released last week. It’s £29.99 as a 96k download on Qobuz, or about £16 if bought on Bandcamp. Half the price but I bet the artist gets a heck of a lot more. A win-win situation.

3 Likes

From the Brilliant Adventure box set, 1.Outside on double vinyl. This album I’ve always found to be a bit of a mess, and “Hello Spaceboy” and “The Heart’s Filthy Lesson” aside, a bit short on good tunes. But as with the other two albums I’ve heard from this set so far, the SQ is great.

10 Likes

Kings of Convenience Peace Or Love / 2021 EMI / EU CD / 00602435726946

5 Likes

Little Roy - Battle For Seattle (Ark Recordings 2011 LP)

The 30th Anniversary of Nevermind prompted me to reach for this.
Nirvana’s Grunge music seems a most unlikely genre to be given a Roots Reggae interpretation. It actually works really well with roots veteran Little Roy, a fine line up of musicians and production from Prince Fatty and Mutant HiFi.

I see it’s getting a vinyl re issue on a label I’ve never heard of. This original press sounds mighty fine and well worth checking.

:heart:

4 Likes

Joshua Redman & Brad Mehldau - 2016 Nearness

2 Likes

Indeed! A sometimes overlooked gem in the LSP Black Ark Island released catalogue.
You need the album To Be A Lover (or Super Eight) if you dont already Dave. Music On Vinyl have re issued it

1 Like

Spirit | 1968
Spirit’s eponymous debut, excellent early Californian psychedelic rock who even today a number of contemporary bands site as influential.

10 Likes

<<>>

Happy 72nd Birthday Tom Waits! :balloon: :balloon: :birthday:

born on 7th December 1949 and raised in Pomona, California :us:

14 Likes

Vinyl?

What magic is this? :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Dr. Feelgood - Malpractice, on an early UK pressing, and despite a little surface noise it still sounds dynamic, intense and full of energy. Fabulous album.

19 Likes

1st run

1 Like

Still have this vinyl from High School (1989), and the club mix (12") is not available on Spotify.

Xymox - Obsession (Club Mix)

Now playing

Matt Patershuk - An Honest Effort

Roots album with 11 songs about a variety of subjects.
Some subjects quite bizarre,range from a song about a flying circus horse to Shane McGowan’s new teeth.
But quite entertaining.

1 Like

My oldest son turned me on to “slowed” music on Youtube…I remember as kids we’d speed up or slow down our records to make chipmunk singers or slow them down to get opera bass singers.

Anyway sometimes its incredible what it does to slow down a fast song. I recommend you listen to the original as well to get comparison.

Grimes & IO - Violence (Club Mix) [Slowed Down] (Photosensitive Epilepsy Warning)

1 Like

Another slowed down track you may remember…amazing!

The Prodigy - Breathe (Slowed Down)

2 Likes

This guy is really good…the better you know the original sometimes the more a slowed down version will impact you. It’s more dramatic because you have to wait longer for the melody and it builds slower…

White Rabbit becomes a blues song!!

Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit (Slowed Down) Photosensitive Epilepsy Warning

3 Likes

Ah! So its digits man wants? I think you can stream Super Eight havent seen To Be A Lover on stream. Their essentially the same album with different track order, Super Eight was the original JA release, I just prefer the sound of the Island released To Be A Lover

1 Like