What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

The Very Best Of Joe Brown.

11 Likes

Not a bad random selection ready for tomorrow whilst working, Tori, Manu Delago, Talk Talk and the main man Tony Allen.

2 Likes

Alan Parsons Project - I Robot. Forgot I even had this. Excellent recording but not sure I am convinced by it totally.

Vinyl.

2 Likes

Delicate and yet intense at the same time.

3 Likes

Ayo, live at the olympia. Loving the live ambience. Maybe I need to get out more. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Just love this record, but her latest rather disappointing.

13 Likes

Heehee, I wish you were wrong. I have played it from time to time to see if it’s a grower. Not growing yet… :relieved:

I’m a sucker for artwork like this - The YouTube algorithm suggested it- I’ve never heard of the band.

Stormkeep - Tales of Othertime

Released into the wild 19 November 2021
Captured into my collection today.

*Review taken from Decibel magazine.
Many black metal albums claim to be inspired by mysticism and magic, but few capture the feeling of those two things. Tales of Othertime, the new album from USBM quintet Stormkeep, not only captures that feeling but provides it in spades, recalling the glory of classic melodic black metal.

Stormkeep counts among their ranks members of Blood Incantation, Wayfarer, Lykotonon and Cobalt, so the high-tier musicianship comes as little surprise but Tales of Othertime rules so hard because it’s fun. The band’s galloping, melodic riffs and soaring leads combine gracefully with Grandmaster Otheyn Vermithrax Poisontongue’s lyrics about wizards and fantasy, further amplified by symphonic keys and moments of spoken word.

There are two dungeon synth interludes on Tales of Othertime, but beyond that, Stormkeep move through the album at a brisk pace. It isn’t a record that reinvents the black metal wheel, but for anyone who yearns for the glory days of Emperor, Sacramentum, Dimmu Borgir and their ilk, Tales of Othertime is one of the year’s essential black metal albums.*

1 Like

LP - Elektra / 2010 Rhino reissue : )

The Doors Waiting For The Sun

Jim Morrison – vocals
Ray Manzarek – keyboards
Robby Krieger – guitar
John Densmore – drums
Additional musicians
Douglas Lubahn – occasional bass, electric bass on “Spanish Caravan”
Kerry Magness – bass guitar on “The Unknown Soldier”
Leroy Vinnegar – acoustic bass on “Spanish Caravan”

Recorded at Sunset Sound & TTG Studios, Hollywood, California 1967/68

<<>>

Groovy album.
Strange how they didn’t use a full time bass guitar player in the band :thinking:

16 Likes

Otis Grand - Nothing Else Matters.

5 Likes

Nice guest lineup on this Junior Wells number.

5 Likes

18 Likes

LP - Electra / Rhino 2009 reissue : )

Jim Morrison – vocals,
Ray Manzarek – keyboards
Robby Krieger – lead guitar
John Densmore – drums
Additional musicians
Jerry Scheff – bass
Marc Benno – rhythm guitar

Recorded at The Doors’ Workshop, Los Angeles, California. Dec 1970 - Jan 1971

24 Likes

U2 Achtung Baby 30th anniversary while watching cricket

11 Likes

I’m still waiting for my copy, worth the wait?

1 Like

Bob Dylan Highway 61 Revisited

21 Likes

Don Henley Building the Perfect Beast.

18 Likes

Best Doors album, IMO.

4 Likes

JJ Cale Stay Around

16 Likes

Elina Garanca at the Salzburg Festival with the Vienna Philharmonic conducted by Thielemann.

3 Likes