What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Inspired by earlier posts above. Weird Scenes Inside the Gold Mine. Sounding good for an almost 50 year old lp.

14 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Dance ‘n’ Shuffle, a bootleg comprising 12’’ dance mixes 1978 - 90.

9 Likes

LP - Blue Note / Tone Poet reissue : )

Donald Byrd – trumpet
Pepper Adams – baritone saxophone
Herbie Hancock – piano
Doug Watkins – bass
Teddy Robinson – drums

<<>>

Donald Byrd was born on this day in 1932

Born Donaldson Toussaint L’Ouverture Byrd II
on 9th December 1932 in Detroit, Michigan :us:

Donald Byrd 1932-2013

9 Likes

6 Likes

Gareful Dead, Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 12/10/71 - just streaming it on Tidal to see whether it’s worth buying on CD. So far, yes it is…

10 Likes

Stepping out for something different but still live. Phish… love their musicianship.

2 Likes

Staying with the Stones and dance mixes

TooMuchBlood
Too Much Blood On The Dancfloor, great fun!

4 Likes

Victory - The Broken Instrument

I have been listening to loads of music recently - running in a posh power amp, but so far this is the stand out album. Don’t know if the system has finally cleared its throat but I have never heard this album like I have today.

So who is Victory? The genre is impossible to pin down, a mix of Jazz, Soul and R&B, and towards the end of the album, she moves into what I can only describe as musical storytelling. This is absolutely brilliant! Victory has the potential to divide opinion, but if she is up your street, you will love this!

7 Likes

Vienna Teng - Dreaming Through The Noise

Another album that is sounding wonderful through my revitalised system. This is a turn up for books, as I rarely played this, but this is sounding like a different album. It is complex and interesting, something my previous power amp could never reveal.

Again, no way I can ascribe a genre to Vienna’s music.

Wow, I’ve got a new album collection!

9 Likes

Norah Jones - I Dream Of Christmas
CD|2021

16 Likes

LP - Blue Note reissue : )

Donald Byrd - trumpet
Pepper Adams - baritone saxophone
Duke Pearson - piano
Laymon Jackson - bass
Philly Joe Jones - drums

Recorded at Van Gelder Studio, Englewood Cliffs on 2nd May 1961. Album Release: February 1962

11 Likes

The Allman Brothers Band | Idlewild South | 1970
Their sophomore album, more early southern blues rock with all the original line up before the horrific motorbike accident took Duane’s life in '71.

12 Likes

Nerina Pallot - Stay Lucky

The gals are smashing it at chez NigelB this evening.

6 Likes

Sarah Jarosz - Blue Heron Suite
CD|2021

7 Likes

Anoushka Shankar - Traces of You

An east-west crossover album with vocals from her half-sister, Norah Jones.

13 Likes

Robert Plant | Alison Krauss | Raise The Roof (Deluxe Edition)
One of my favourite albums of the year and in my top ten.

22 Likes

They all took the piss out of The Dame’s Drum ‘n’ Bass album Earthling when it came out in '97. But it turns out it was pretty good, and Bowie’s best album of the 1990s. Here it is on three sides of vinyl, from the Brilliant Adventure box set. The sound is excellent.

12 Likes

I missed a birthday yesterday! :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Gregg Allman was born 8th December 1947 :us:

He died in 2017 aged 69, due to complications of liver cancer.

Must admit i prefer Birthdays of people still alive, they tend to be the happy ones :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

7 Likes

Lake Street Dive - Obviously
CD|2021

1 Like

Stay on your toes @Debs!! :roll_eyes:

3 Likes