What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Mike McCartney - McGear, with Paul and Linda, Denny Laine and Jimmy McCulloch on board this could be a Wings album, with brother Michael on vocals. Recorded at 10cc’s Strawberry Studios.

6 Likes

Donald Byrd Royal flush / 2006 Blue Note / RVG Edition / Germany CD / 094636263229

Donald Byrd Trumpet
Herbie Hancock Piano
Pepper Adams Saxophone
Butch Warren Bass
Billy Higgins Drums

Played Hank Mobley No Room For Squares, earlier today featuring DB - didn’t realise it was his birthday! :+1:

14 Likes

51eAt-XgVLL.AC

1 Like

Robert Plant | Carry Fire | 2017
Why? Because some more fine Percy is required.

25 Likes

Field Mouse - Meaning
CD|2019

Indie rock.

2 Likes

Colin Blunstone. That same year.
Was big fan of the Zombies but unfamiliar with solo work but this recommendation from @AndyP (I think)
quite enjoyable on first play.

9 Likes

Reb Fountain, great chilled out album so far.

2 Likes

Guilty as charged - plus the official album One Year is an essential listen.

8 Likes

71yYyIbMkML.SS500
Kirsty MacColl - Tropical Brainstorm, latin American backing with her brilliant storytelling lyrics over the top.

13 Likes

Diana Krall, wallflower. Updated naimie firmware this morning and decided to listen to a familiar album to see how things go. Perfect. :relaxed:

14 Likes

Joan Baez, Baez sings Dylan. So many to choose from after DK I stumbled on this and sticking to it. Joan is a jadi, she told me, “you ain’t goin’ nowhere.” :relaxed:

9 Likes

Bob Dylan and The Band, The Basement Tapes. Vinyl

16 Likes

Capercaillie - Dusk Till Dawn, The Best Of Capercaillie.

One of the finest Scottish folk bands out there, mixing songs in English and Gaelic, and adapting old songs with modern instruments and techniques. Once you get to know what they are singing about, they can evoke emotions like few other bands.

6 Likes

71iO+CARc5L.SS500
Eddi Reader - Angels & Electricity.

12 Likes

9 Likes

After a complete revisit to the albums in the Ayreon canon.

Now revisiting one of Arjen Anthony Lucasson’s other projects Star One (named for an episode of Blake’s 7).

I bit more guitar orientated but still has some of his multilayered voices and Hammond organs.

Star One - Space Metal

1 Like

Kraftwerk in surround sound.

Erstaunlich und eindringlich.

13 Likes

Sinatra’s Swingin’ Session.

10 Likes

Just chanced upon this record recently and am absolutely smitten! I have been listening nearly daily.
It’s the first album in a trilogy, and I will be checking out the others soon.

3 Likes

I have a modern reissue of Aja by Steely Dan and I’ve never liked it. This youtube video explains why. Very annoying what record companies get up to

4 Likes