What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

2 Likes

Listening to this new star studded Jools Holland release….Sanborn sounds great on this track.

3 Likes

Gillian Welch, revival. :relaxed:

17 Likes

3 Likes

Now Playing…

Bill Callahan & Bonnie Prince Billy - Blind Date Party

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… continuing through the noon hour while starting up today’s exercise routine with this new release, December 9th, from Bill and the music is sounding mighty fine…

5 Likes

Pleasant release

7 Likes

Because I am going to bed soon…

J.J. Cale - 1979 5

17 Likes

3 Likes

Jewel, the merry goes ‘round. Please don’t kill me, it’s actually quite enjoyable. :relaxed:

3 Likes

51G9D942ZDL.AC
Eric Clapton - Sessions For Robert J., a live in the studio recording and another album to feature the excellence of Billy Preston on a Hammond organ.

7 Likes

And the Blu-ray’s not arf bad, either.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing, did not know his work. I just took a listen on Qobuz and I like the compositions. As to the recording, I felt that the piano sounded a bit muted, like the higher harmonics/overtones are a bit suppressed. On purpose? On another note, this record also reminded me somewhat of the piano based tracks on Wim Mertens’ album Maximizing the Audience.

Watching some video footage from a recent Jackson Browne and James Taylor gig. It may get a release possibly next year or it may not who knows.

11 Likes

I am a big fan of the Crusaders.
Album got a poor AllMusic rating and review.
What do you think?
Just spinning it on Qobuz.

Hi @Paul_C Had the LP when it was originally released, but lost it somehow! So when I recently decided to replace it on CD I went to trouble of getting a Japan SHM CD pressing - which sounds great.

I don’t care how All Music rate and review it - I enjoy it and that is all that matters!
What do you think having given it a spin?

1 Like

My Friend the Chocolate Cake - Brood

1 Like

One of the better unplugged, Nirvana in NY.

19 Likes

Suzanne Vega, beauty & crime. :relaxed:

11 Likes

Birdy, piano sketches. Short but beautiful. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Peter Gabriel So

27 Likes