Thank you @Svetty for putting this in my head. :joy:

Question: What’s in the left hand?

• Ladle
  • Tea towel
  • Party popper
  • Knife

0 voters

1 Like

Xmas concert from Harry Christophers and The Sixteen live on R3 - wonderful singing

3 Likes

2 Likes

And rock music it is tonight :love_you_gesture:t2:

6 Likes

R+, the last summer. Album by Dido and R Plus. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Glyn Johns certainly was a star, also nice to see him being feted on the forums for his cool dress sense as well as his production skills :smiley:.

2 Likes

Now playing…

Pink Floyd - The Wall

Roger Waters (Bass Guitar, VCS 3 Synthesizer, Vocals), David Gilmour (Clavinet, Baritone Guitar, Bass Guitar, Pedal Steel, Sequencers, Special Effects, Synthesizer, Vocals), Nick Mason (Drums, Percussion) and Richard Wright (Bass Pedals, Clavinet, Organ, Piano, Synthesizer).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Pink Floyd as I start up today’s exercise routine, and they are sounding mighty fine!

29 Likes

Still managing to keep the Christmas albums at bay

71t+xkFxo9L.SS500
Don Henley - Building The Perfect Beast.

12 Likes

The Termagant and I were reminiscing earlier about the records that were in the charts when we met on our second day at university back in September 1982. British jazz-funk (Central Line, Beggasr & Co, Freeez, Level 42 before they were big) was quite the thing at the time. This cheapo 1981 double LP on Beggars Banquet collects a lot of that music together. Listening to it today, not all of it has aged particularly well, but it’s a great fun nostalgia-fest.

4 Likes

It had been quote a while since listening to this one …

7 Likes

Nanci Griffith, the last of the true believers. Such a sweet sound album. :relaxed:

13 Likes

Barry Adamson - Oedipus Schmoedipus

Lovely vibe on this album. Jarvis Cocker contributes a great vocal to the opening track ‘Set the controls for the heart of the pelvis’

2 Likes

As has pretty much anything else that would make them listenable.

1 Like

I’m confident you’re not including Shakatak in this assessment.:scream_cat::heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like

A new delightful ECM release.

7 Likes

No @Fatcat – the 'Tak are eternal.

1 Like

Eleanor Buckland, you don’t have to know. A bit more pace and beat. :relaxed:

2 Likes

81Na+4u99CL.SS500
Van Morrison and Joey DeFrancesco - You’re Driving Me Crazy.

10 Likes

Starting my Wednesday with Kate Rusby Hand Me Down, @igahman cheers for the reminder. :+1:

9 Likes

Neil Young - Barn
Wayne Shorter - The All Seeing Eye
Art Blakey - Live Tokyo

All vinyl.

8 Likes