What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Yes, great version of Eleanor Rigby. They released 3 albums mostly “progressive” stuff and the members are from all over the place including UK, Belgium and even Australia. This is their best album imo even if one of the tracks - by todays standards- has a very unsavoury title. Careful not to mix them with another crap pop band also called Esperanto. Tidal seems to think they are the same band.

1 Like

Available on Qobuz which will be a project for tomorrow. I see Keith Christmas was involved.

1 Like

I think he sang on their second album Dance Macabre, produced by Pete Sinfield who also wrote the lyrics for KC’s first album ITCOTCK, but you already knew that, right?:sunglasses:

1 Like

Indeed - produced the first Roxy Music album and I have his solo album.

1 Like

Tim Hardin - 2.

Short but sweet.

7 Likes

Oh, yeah. One of my favourite tracks is If There Is Something. Still to this day, I don’t know what the heck were Mel Smith and Rhys Jones doing on that track. Mind you, RM did have a sense of humour!

1 Like

There is a cracking version of this song on Bowie’s Tin Machine II album.

3 Likes

I own a few Cowboy Junkies albums but this is not one of them.

I have just had to put my book down to listen to it properly.

Cowboy Junkies - Acoustic Junk
Where’s my wallet

8 Likes

Probably not very well-know here. The Seatsniffers are probably Belgium’s best, most popular, longest running and most international roots rock band. Their music is best described as a blend of Rock and Roll, Rhythm & Blues, Rockabilly, Blues and Ska.

I’ve been in the lucky position to have seen them performing live in a small local club …

1 Like

Now playing…

Jerry Joseph - The Beautiful Madness

The Aretha Garland Singers (Harmony), Mike Cooley (Banjo, Guitar), Jay Gonzalez (Novachord, Organ, Piano, Synthesizer, Wurlitzer), Patterson Hood (Guitar, Mandocello, Vocals), Jason Isbell (Slide Guitar), Jerry Joseph (Dobro, Guitar, Vocals), Kyleen King (Viola), Schaefer Llana (Vocals), Brad Morgan (Drums), Matt Patton (6-String Bass, Bass) and Little Sue Weaver (Harmonia, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a mention from @Neil-26 above had me place in the queue and now taking out for a spin and from the opening track it has grabbed my attention and Jerry and the band are sounding mighty sweet! …a lovely review can be found here and definitely worth the time to give a read and a listen.

5 Likes

81G8exsvxLL.SS500
Eric Clapton - Happy Xmas, festive songs in a blues setting.

7 Likes

Wonderful documentary on Alan Hull on BBC iplayer.

9 Likes

I would have liked to have given the album a listen since I enjoy the music from the musicians performing on the album but it was not available on Qobuz.

John Zorn (Vocals, Synthesizer, , Sampler), Bill Frisell (Guitar), Fred Frith (Bass Guitar), Wayne Horvitz (Keyboards, Synthesizer, Sampler) and Joey Baron (percussion).

…from the review it sounded it was a bit out there.

1 Like

Shelby Lynne, just a little lovin’. :relaxed:

19 Likes

It is very good. It seems he has been around a long time, but I’d never heard of him until this album. Thanks for the link to the review.

1 Like

My “find” of 2021, thank you to whoever originally posted it. :+1:

Lord Huron Strange Trails.

7 Likes

Lady Blackbird, black acid soul. One of my fav release this silly pandemic year. :relaxed:

On that note. Take care everyone. Wishing everyone good health and joy over this festive season. :pray:

15 Likes

Public Service Broadcasting ‎The Race For Space

13 Likes

1 Like

A few trax off this due out Feb next year. It’s a set of demos, radio performances etc. Track listing below.

1. “Saint Teresa”(KCRW, 1995)

2. “My Love Is Alive”(KPRI, 2000)

3. “Dream A Little Dream”(demo, 2005)

4. “How Sweet It Is”(RadioBremen, Germany,2003)

5. “Shake Your Hips”(WXPK, 2012)

6. “One Of Us”(DutchRadio, 2001)

7. “Real Love”(demo, 2006)

8. “Little Wild One”(KBCO, 2008)

9. “Same Love That Made Me Laugh”(The Loft, SiriusXM, 2012)

10. “Make You Feel My Love” (Radio Bremen, Germany, 2002)

11. “Only You Know and I Know” (The Loft – Sirius XM, 2012)

12. “Love’s In Need of Love Today” (Radio Bremen, Germany, 2002)

13. “Everybody Is A Star” (KROQ, 2002)

5 Likes