What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

The legendary Brinsley Schwartz

11 Likes

No Dice. 2 Faced. Vinyl 1979. The singer was Roger " Peaches" Ferris and the Guitarist was Dave “Diesel, now D’zal” Martin. I liked them, but the Music Press didn’t and that was that.
It was reported that Clapton got the title of his track " Peaches and Diesel" after meeting them in Olympic Studios in London.

R-1837144-1288352179.jpeg

2 Likes

The Complete Roulette Sara Vaughan Studio Sessions
CD|2002

Mosaic Records box set, 8 CDs. On CD3 at the moment.

10 Likes

Another one from the PF boots dump:

11 Likes

Surround mix in 5.1 does sound quite phenomenal.

11 Likes

The Soil - 2014 Nostalgic Moments

Because this one takes me to a place where I was very happy some time ago.

1 Like

Now playing

Cowboy Junkies - Acoustic Junk

Margo Timmins’s hushed vocals accompanied by sparse instrumentation,just a guitar, incidental upright bass and an occasional mouthorgan and harmonica.
The Junkies at their best.

14 Likes

Beautifully recorded. NY and CH on excellent form.

11 Likes

While we’re on a bootleg trip, is this the best Stones live abum, or Brussels Affair? I’m leaning towards GYLLO

14 Likes

Just sublime…

23 Likes

So good to see some Neil Diamond love on here recently.
The Voice as far as I’m concerned and a supreme poet and songwriter.
Still loved today by young and old.

Did you ever read about a frog
Who dreamed of bein’ a king…

5 Likes

12 Likes

Trevor Pinnock the English concert, Pachelbel: canon & gigue. Happy birthday Trevor Pinnock. :birthday::tada::partying_face:

Thank you @Debs. :blush:

15 Likes

7 Likes

Now playing…

Michael Hurley - The Time of the Foxgloves

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a random pick from the new albums section on Qobuz of an unfamiliar artist…

3 Likes

Clapton. Journeyman. CD. One his better ones??

R-1522528-1293081959.jpeg

18 Likes

Sonny Clark Cool Struttin’ / 1999 Blue Note / US CD / RVG Edition / 724349532724

18 Likes

Couldn’t decide then a mention on another thread led me to dig out Peter Case’s debut from 86 on Geffen vinyl. Really strong songwriting, upbeat, distinctive voice and playing and top production from T-bone. Has he ever bettered it?

3 Likes

Now that looks interesting.

1 Like

From the Brilliant Adventure box set, which is turning out to be much better than expected, here’s the famous 2000 Bowie at the Beeb concert, on vinyl for the first time:

10 Likes