What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Katrina And The Waves. 1985 Vinyl. Mostly great songs, more guitar rock than Pop.
I think Walking on Sunshine is the worst song on the album, but what do I know??

Katrina_&the_Waves-_Walking_on_Sunshine

8 Likes

Bob Dylan - The Bootleg Series Volume 4, Bob Dylan Live 1966, The “Royal Albert Hall” Concert.

Widely known as the Royal Albert Hall concert, but was in fact performed at the Free Trade Hall in Manchester, England. This is the concert where Dylan infamously introduced his electric guitar to a most unappreciative audience.

13 Likes

Found this kicking round in the CD racks, giving it a spin, not sure it’s ever had much of an airing.

Neil Diamond - Dreams.

10 Likes

More Christmassy hi jinks with Don and Walt.

Everything Must Go

6 Likes

From the Who Can I Be Now? box set. Brilliant in every way

20 Likes

Wagner - Götterdämmerung - BPO/Karajan

8 Likes

I bought this earlier today in a local charity shop. There are a few crackles, but otherwise it’s in GREAT nick. It’s a UK first pressing from 1982, no barcode or anything. What’s really interesting is just what a powerful recording this is – as well as the tunes and AM’s voice, it has a huge dynamic range. A testament to producer/engineer Eric Radcliffe’s skills in the studio. I wonder too, how this first press compares to subsequent issues.

17 Likes

My Yazoo history has always been random, bought two of their albums on CD including this one and then found that even though all artwork and livery was right the recording was for the other album, bizarre.

Yes my wife bought this upon release and it is a very good album/sound. Not played it in a long time, will have to remedy that!

2 Likes

David Bowie - The Gouster

11 Likes

Now playing…

Anouar Brahem Trio - Astrakan Cafe

Anouar Brahem (Oud), Barbaros Erköse (Clarinet) and Lassad Hosni (Bendir, Darbouka).

Streaming on NAS (44.1/16)…kicking off this beautiful sunny and cold morning with Anouar, Barbaros and Lassad and they are sounding sublime! A great way to be usuhured into the day and one of my favorites albums from Anouar…

7 Likes

Thanks to both of you, I had never heard of him either but played this last night, and again this morning. What a great album. Of course now I am thinking of a vinyl LP purchase……

2 Likes

Simon & Garfunkel. Parsley sage rosemary and thyme.
Relaxing to this in the comfort of my home on Black eyed Friday :boxing_glove:

22 Likes

De-loused in the Comatorium
The Mars Volta

7 Likes

Joy well maybe catharsis - the band seemed to be stretching out on Closer, what could they have gone on to do? Perhaps this was always going to be it. First press Factory vinyl - always wondered about that bit of yellow tape.

13 Likes

Pink Martini, splendor in the grass. :relaxed:

5 Likes

Playing this for Ese, Pharoah and the gang…and Kev…see you in 2022!

16 Likes

Translucent red or green? Opaque black? I’ve never seen that tape on any first pressing but @TheKevster is bound to know.

2 x LP - Universal Music reissue : )

Greatest Hits is a compilation album by Steely Dan, released in 1978. It has sold over two million units in the U.S.

The double album includes tracks from the band’s first six studio albums and includes a previously unreleased song, “Here at the Western World”, which was recorded during the sessions for The Royal Scam but not included on that album.

<<>>

Jim Hodder was born on this day in 1947, best known as an early member of Steely Dan. After leading the Boston-based group The Bead Game, Hodder moved to Los -Angeles to join the first lineup of Steely Dan. He appeared on their first three albums before leaving the group in 1974. He worked as a session musician before his 1990 death.

Jim Hodder 1947-1990

15 Likes

Esperanto. Last tango.
Vaguely remember Eleanor Rigby so thanks to @anon10403888 for throwing this album in to the mix. Might lead me on to Flock, then Curved Air, maybe String Driven Thing finishing off with a bit of Fanny. That’s what I love about this thread, one post and you can disappear down diamond encrusted musical path.

7 Likes