What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

81kg3MHKehL.SS500
Verve//Remixed Christmas, not every idea comes off, but it is a pleasant listen.

7 Likes

At least it appears to be the original version of the album and not the reamster. If memory serves me well Little Wing was recorded at the Royal Albert Hall and IMHO is the best version.

2 Likes

San Pedro Slim brilliant blues album.

2 Likes

Hôtel Costes, vol.1: France eg Choiseul. Debut album back in 1999. :relaxed:

4 Likes

Erm Black not sure I’d call it opaque though. A1/B1 “OLD BLUE” would suggest first press. I suspect the tape was the record shop maybe had a lot of white spined albums so used tape to differentiate - it’s just every time I play it I wonder whys that there.

1 Like

Steely Dan Can’t Buy A Thrill / 2010 Geffen / Japan SHM CD / UICY20122

18 Likes

At long last……the 3rd of my trio of favourite new albums of 2021 arrived on vinyl today - Joanne Shaw Taylor, The Blues Album. (Released today 4 months after the CD/download release).

It joins the other 2 pictured here….Toby Lee/Aquarius and Christone Kingfish Ingram/662.
Each one of these 3 is a masterclass from young blues musicians. Great to see them carrying the torch for the next generation.

A more perfect night of blues guitar you will struggle to find.

The 252/300DR loves ‘em!

11 Likes

A fine list indeed but Flock ?

Now playing…

Andy Sheppard - Romaria

Andy Sheppard (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), Eivind Aarset (Guitar), Michel Benita (Double Bass) and Sebastian Rochford (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this Friday afternoon with Andy Sheppard and he and the quartet are sounding sublime! …it has been awhile since taking ‘Romaria’ out for a spin and it certainly should be getting more play than it has… so much music, so little time.

4 Likes

Can you have too much Bruce ?

Western Stars

Followed by -

Wrecking Ball

18 Likes

The backdrop to Radio Caroline revival in the mid-70’s.

Financed by Ronan O’Rahilly, recorded in California 1976 with a cheeky ‘Meet the Beatles’ promo by a band that in a few months would be the Blockheads.

Now billed as a lost treasure.

4 Likes

Little seen around these parts, which is a pity.
FKA Twigs LP1

6 Likes

Flock’s Jerry Goodman! We all know what he went onto…

3 Likes

@steviebee beat me on that. They weren’t half-bad but that version of Tired Of Waiting does suck and Goodman went on to play with Mahavishnu etc…

1 Like

Restricted to streaming as all the vinyl packed ready for tomorrows house move.

20 Likes

51fAegLYsKL.AC (1)
Annie Lennox - A Christmas Cornucopia.

8 Likes

Pink Floyd, Wish you were here. Reminds me of the lyrics on Valentino Rossi’s helmet in memory of Marco Simoncelli.

How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We’re just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have we found?
The same old fears.
Wish you were here.

31 Likes

The Cranberries - No Need To Argue.

19 Likes

Now playing…

Andy Sheppard - Movements in Colour

Andy Sheppard (Soprano Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), John Parricelli (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Eivind Aarset (Guitar, Electronics), Arild Andersen (Double-Bass, Electronics) and Kuljit Bhamra (Tabla, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this Friday afternoon with Andy’s ‘Movement in Colour’ and he and the other members of the quintet are sounding ever so sweet! His music is so full of joy and just love this album…

6 Likes

Joe Sample The Hunter / 1986 MCA / Japan CD No Obi / 32XD410

2 Likes