What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

William D Drake - The Rising of the Lights

1 Like

One for the old hippies…
Man, she had a voice.

3 Likes
2 Likes

The Pretty Things - S F Sorrow. I had the good fortune to know Phil May’s daughter who invited me to a friends and family run through of this album at Ronnie Scotts in the late nineties. I met Phil and band and also Dave Gilmour and Arthur Brown who were/are ardent fans. Certainly an evening I’ll never forget!

8 Likes

I was playing SFS this afternoon. The Madfish Sainsbury’s red vinyl. Excellent album - pretty fine reissue.

On to shoegazey (I think?) Pop with Lush, Gala.
It’s no MBV, but it’s quite nice.

3 Likes

LP - New Land 2021 reissue )

Gerry Mulligan - baritone saxophone, piano on track 1 only
Art Farmer - flugelhorn
Bob Brookmeyer - valve trombone
Jim Hall - guitar
Bill Crow - bass
Dave Bailey - drums

Recorded at Nola Penthouse Studios in NYC. 1962

<<>>

My first and very enjoyable listen here,
and thanks to @TheKevster for the heads up! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :+1:

8 Likes

Nanci Griffith, a handful of dust. :relaxed:

7 Likes

Reissued this year in a fantastic surround mix, an album that never stays in one place very long, and wonderfully so.
Radian is one, amongst several, of their great compositions.

10,000 Hz Legend - Air

6 Likes

Today on offer at eclassical, the two pieces fit very well to each other…, Sacre could be a bit more raw to my taste…

3 Likes

One of the best bands I’ve seen live Andy but that album went under my radar. Lined up for tomorrow which I might play back to back with Chairs missing. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ella Wishes You A Swinging Christmas.

9 Likes

I saw them in December 1977 backed by a band called Nutz.

1 Like

Just bought from Bandcamp, good quartet…

1 Like

The headphones are on for this one… I don’t think Mrs M would appreciate her evening viewing being interrupted!

Its hard to believe thats is 30 years old, but boy what an album!

2 Likes

Kate Edmonson, way down low. :relaxed:

2 Likes

18 Likes

Flossie Malavialle - Live June 2018 - WAV CD rip
Folk singer captured live, gentle enjoyable versions of folk numbers and some pop classics. Flossie has a lovely voice, nice guitar playing, it’s an enjoyable album. She’s originally French and has lived in the North-East for decades, her French/Geordie accent makes her eccentric song introductions almost as much fun as the music.

I saw them a year later. The sight of me bouncing up and down to I am the fly is not for the faint hearted.
Don’t know Nutz though. :grimacing:

1 Like

There are so many great things on the ECM new series releases.

Well may as well follow it up with the next one!

5 Likes