What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

6117C8dPgfL.SX466

7 Likes

Back to 1973 Razamanaz form Nazareth

Produced by Roger Glover.

7 Likes

Miles Davis. Circle in the round. Inspired by an earlier @TheKevster post.

16 Likes

Now playing…

Shai Maestro - Human

Shai Maestro (Piano), Jorge Roeder (Double Bass), Ofri Nehemya (Drums) and Philip Dizack (Trumpet).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… taking this newly released album from ECM out for its second spin. Do love Shai’s music and the quartet are sounding mighty fine!

7 Likes

25 Likes

Pete Townshend Ronnie Lane - Rough Mix.

18 Likes

3 Likes

One of the very first Coltrane albums I owned, originally on vinyl as part of the More Lasting Than Bronze compilation.

13 Likes

Sheffield’s finest - Joe Cocker

image image

They don’t make them like that anymore.

17 Likes

My second purchase of the day,I love this album.

12 Likes

Now playing…

Tomasz Stanko - New York Quartet – Wislawa

Tomasz Stanko (Trumpet), David Virelles (Piano), Gerald Cleaver (Drums) and Thomas Morgan (Double Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Tomasz with this fabulous and talented quartet and they are sounding absolutely superb! Love Tomasz’s music…

5 Likes

Lucinda Williams - Essence

This is in my top 3 of Lucinda Williams albums

14 Likes

Starting a Monday morning with Beck Morning Phase.

16 Likes

Focus - At The Rainbow, when I first bought this I was hoping that they had extended “Sylvia” into a tour de force, ah well!

16 Likes

Molly Tuttle - …but I’d rather be with you

Last one for tonight, this excellent lockdown album from Molly.

9 Likes

Time for some happy music, the Beatles Hard Days Night.

21 Likes

Elton John - Rock of the Westies, the first album with his new band pales in comparison with the proceeding Capt. Fantastic. At least things improved with Blue Moves.

7 Likes

Now playing…

Katie Melua - Album No. 8

Katie Melua (Vocals), Zurab Melua (Guitar), Leo Abrahams (Guitar, Keyboards, Organ, Piano, Strings), Deisadez Akaki (Violin), Jajanidze Ana (Violin), Tea Bakhtadze (Viola), Bela Bardzimashvili (Viola), Mariam Chikvaidze (Viola), Vasil Demetrashvili (Double Bass), Sam Dixon (Bass Guitar, Piano), Mark Edwards (Hammond organ), Londrishvili Ekaterine (Violin), Lamara Gegelia (Cello), Tim Harries (Fender Rhodes, Bass Guitar, Piano, Wurlitzer), Georgiy Imanov (Cello), Evgeni Inchagov (Cello), Timofeeva Inga (Violin), Sergo Jalaghania (Viola), Tamar Jeladze (Double Bass), Panjakidze Ketevan (Violin), Medea Kheoshvili (Cello), Nino Kokrashvili (Viola), Lemonjava Konstantin (Violin), Gogitidze Lela (Violin), Sachaleli Lia (Violin), Mikheil Lomidze (Cello), Gogava Maia (Violin), Razmadze Maia (Violin), Natsvlishvili Maka (Violin), Kasradze Marina (Violin), Niniasgvili Nana (Viola), Chugoshvili-Akhalbedashvili Natela (Violin), Mdinaradze Natia (Violin), Shamugia Nino (Violin), Jack Pinter (Alto Flute, Synthesizer), Nikoloz Rachveli (Conductor), Emre Ramazanoglu (Drums, Percussion), Kajaia Rati (Violin), Narchemashvili Sophio (Violin), Serafina Steer Harp), Jaiani Teimuraz (Violin), Anastasia Tsereteli (Cello) and Teona Tsiramua (Conductor).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this afternoon with Katie and she is sounding sublime! …this is one sweet album and enjoy it with each additional spin.

16 Likes

Remmy Ongala Mambo.

2 Likes

Well having probably bored the family with the album last night quizzing them about who she was or sounded like I discovered she’d done a duet on TV.

I asked my daughter if she could guess who with - ‘must be Tom jones’ she said, at which point she and Mrs AC said she must be the one who was on Jool’s Hootennany this year, and they were right, love the ska feel to this:

Love is back:

Another duet, this time singing one of Paul Weller’s best songs:

That PW song is up there with Van Morrison’s ‘Have I told you lately’ from Avalon Sunset.

Hope listening on YouTube counts !

4 Likes