What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

Kate Bush - 50 Words For Snow

Kate Bush (Vocals, Piano, Bass Guitar, Keyboards), Dan McIntosh (Guitar), Del Palmer (Bass Guitar, Bells), Danny Thompson (Double Bass), John Giblin (Bass Guitar), Steve Gadd (Drums), Albert McIntosh (Vocals), Michael Wood (Vocals), Stefan Roberts (Vocals), Andy Fairweather-Low (Vocals), Elton John (Vocals) and Stephen Fry (Vocals).

Streaming on NAS… Continuing on with another Kate this afternoon and she and the talented group of musicians are sounding sublime! …a wonderful album and perhaps not for everyone but I love it…

19 Likes

@seakayaker re: 50 Words for Snow

I think that album sounds better and better every year, can’t really explain why it’s just so relaxing and at peace with itself and the world.

3 Likes

The Pretenders The Singles

24 Likes

Just for good measure having mentioned it, one of the most beautiful ballads I’ve ever heard:

15 Likes

Bryan Ferry Another Time, Another Place

20 Likes

Crosby Stills Nash and Young 4 Way Street (disc 1 and 2)

17 Likes

Don’t be put off by the formula persona of Asian female singers–this woman will change that
right away!–super recoding as well.
D41

3 Likes

Ryan Adams Wednesdays

6 Likes

Taj Mahal Mo’ Roots

7 Likes

Caravan, In the Land of Grey and Pink, cd rip

Excellent old school Canterbury scene folk.

18 Likes

Lou Reed. New York. Disc 3. Works in progress/singles/encore. Completing my listening of this excellent box set.

9 Likes

Refugees: A Charisma Records Anthology, cd rip

So pleased I picked this up cheaply several years ago. Some really excellent artists/tracks from what, IMO, was one of the most influential and definitive album labels.

5 Likes

Jordi Savall & various artists - Bach Magnificat & Vivaldi Concerti - Qobuz

I love Sacred music. The Magnificat (My Soul magnifies The Lord), which I have never heard before, is a Revelation of Musical and Spiritual Beauty. Disregarding the religious associations it raises the spirit just as Perfect Planet does.

The performance is wonderful in every respect. I played it because I am working through Pierre Hantai’s albums.

Phil

13 Likes

I love that album. Hantaï is brilliant.

1 Like

This was released last week. Twelve preludes and fugues from Book 2, played in a non standard order and sometimes slowed down. It’s great playing and a really nice piano sound. It got five stars in the Guardian, which is quite uncommon. Highly recommended.

9 Likes

Yes, Nigel, he is. I have always loved Early and Sacred Music, and that is his niche.

Phil

Celeste - Not Your Muse

2nd play, really enjoying this album

10 Likes

I bought this on both LP & CD on the day of release. Theres been so much good stuff coming out and only 24hrs in a day that’s its unforgivably only been played a couple of times and got buried amongst my bulging new/ish section.
Rectifying the matter forthwith!

:heart:

10 Likes

Bobbie Gentry - The Delta Sweete

Deluxe Edition

12 Likes

81JDVRo+34L.AC_UY436_QL65

7 Likes