What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Count Basie Orchestra. Very swingin Basie Christmas.
If you’ve got to play a Christmas album you won’t go far wrong with this classic.

11 Likes

The Ahmad Jamal Trio The Awakening / 1997 Impulse / EU CD / IMP12262

Starting the day with this excellent disc before venturing out to deliver presents and cards to friends and family.

9 Likes

If I’m out Geoff just leave them in the shed🎄

1 Like

Or Simon and Garfunkel?

I’ve just bought this on CD, but the CDS2 seems to have gone on strike, so I can’t listen to it. NY plus Crazy Horse is always a bit more special than when Crazy Horse aren’t involved, so dare I ask if this is a good 'un?

That album cover must have sold more 501s than any paid for advertising that Levis ever bought.

. Great album IMO. Tracks 2 and 6 are stand out!

8 Likes

Taj Mahal - An Evening of Acoustic Music

12 Likes

Big VM fan and have original album.
Just located CD3 on Qobuz so I can listen to the live tracks in the Deluxe,

3 Likes

I also have the album on vinyl first press, vinyl re-issue and both CD and deluxe CD, not sure how I collected them all as I mostly listen to it on Qobuz.

1 Like

Well you don’t want to wear them out do you.

1 Like

Willy DeVille - Crow Jane Alley

9 Likes

T Rex, apparently the album cover featured an electric guitar to signify the direction the duo were now moving in.

17 Likes

On November 30, 1979, the legendary album “The Wall” group Pink Floyd. It’s not just an album for me, it’s a rock opera where all tracks are combined with a common plot.

29 Likes

29 Likes

51wp6y1WuoL.AC
Paul McCartney & Wings - Band On The Run.

26 Likes

Time for a bit of Moog/Rhodes based Gallic synth-pop

16 Likes

Anton Bruckner. Symphony 9. (Unfinished). Powerful and dramatic. I have been picking up quite a few bits of Classical Vinyl this year from a local charity shop, mostly between £1 and £3 and most in good nick. This is one of them.

9 Likes

John Lennon - Wall And Bridges, listening to the remaster from '05, so clear you can hear J L shout " can you hear me mother? " in the coda of Whatever Gets You Thru The Night, brilliant.

12 Likes

A Winged Victory For The Sullen - Invisible Cities.

3 Likes