What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

David Bowie - Hunky Dory

23 Likes

Classic.

1 Like

Steven Wilson - Hand.Cannot.Erase, on vinyl… :notes: :+1:t3: :grinning:

12 Likes

Ferry armed with a few singles, covers and re-works of early Roxy songs - plus a top notch band - pulls together a cracking album.

21 Likes

Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells

This was such an eye opener when I first heard it. It’s not something I play so often now, but it still brings a smile to my face.

26 Likes

Rush - Hemispheres.

Before Mrs G gets home.

11 Likes

In the mood for something epic.

51vrz+qI6VL.SY1000

8 Likes

8 Likes

On CD:-

51FpcAcNlZL._AC_1

Robert Reed - The Ringmaster

1 Like

71joKlrNxIL.SS500
Most of the album due out late Jan next year.

1 Like

91EI+OGiKSL.SS500

5 trax off this up and coming release.

5 Likes

91oQ2nr3XOL.SS500
4 trax off this due out late Feb.

6 Likes

81tfDkCAUmL.SS500
A couple of trax off the new Waterboys album due late April next year.

4 Likes

The cover image on that album has reminded me to play this:

Ornette Coleman Trio - At the Golden Circle vol. 1

IIRC he doesn’t play violin on this one!

10 Likes

919RvbmBveL.SS500
Apparently he nearly died last year from COVID during the second wave of infections in Ireland.

3 Likes

Bad Company 2xCD compilation. Plus 4 new tracks recorded for this album in 1999. I think it was to do with Rodgers legally keeping the rights to the Band name.

R-498248-1124390625.jpg

20 Likes

Love this album. For the same reasons!

1 Like

Primal Scream - Demodelica.

I’ve finally emerged the victor in my Herculean struggles with Christmas wrapping paper, non-sticky Sellotape, endlessly tangled curling ribbon, and those bloody stick-on bows, where it’s next to impossible to cleanly remove the protective paper backing to reveal the sticky bit.

Hurrah!

I’m done, for another year, so it’s time for something relaxing :wink: and yet another listen to this belter of an album, for which I make no apologies whatsoever.

Merry Christmas, one and all! :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :christmas_tree: :snowman_with_snow: :snowman_with_snow: :snowman_with_snow: :santa: :santa: :santa:

4 Likes

Pre-Christmas gift (well, it was in a donated box of CDs my friend received at his shop). . . some Doors songs in a Quad mix.

Works really well. Full throttle sound across the speakers. Didn’t think it would work but it’s great.

13 Likes

It’s been a bit of a LZ week for me so far. Classic Records version and mighty fine does it sound too

30 Likes