What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Herbert von Karajan and Wiener Philharmonic | Anton Bruckner Symphony No.8
I saw @Collywobbles playing the 9th earlier today and thought I’d play a couple from this fine recording.

8 Likes

Irreversible Entanglements Open the Gates. Utterly enthralling complementary intoned poetry and free but funky jazz. Musically reminds me a bit of this year’s Charles Tolliver & Nate Morgan reissues.

The 6.30 on R4, Roger Allam and Joanna Lumley prepare for Christmas.

" ‘But’ is the biggest conjunction in the marriage lexicon."

“All we need now is Valerie Singleton and some sticky back plastic.”

Edit: Written by Jan Etherington

A super edition, really enjoable.

3 Likes

The Beatles in 5.1.

Some amazing/interesting sonics and instrument placement by Giles and Sam, and when listened to like Love, it, to my ears, is quite entertaining.

Though hitherto having been most used to the mono vinyl all of my life, it’s all a bit sensory overload at times.

15 Likes

Ornette Coleman Trio - At the Golden Circle vol. 2

Having just played vol. 1, it only seems right to follow it with vol. 2. This is the one in which Ornette ‘plays’ a violin. It’s actually quite creative in an avant-garde sort of way. It’s certainly enjoyable.

6 Likes

Great choice! My Zep IV has been pummeled by several good, and not so good styli over years, so is not in the rudest of health, maybe that just adds to the awesome grittyness of this great LP :grinning:

2 Likes

Lee Harvey Osmond - Mohawk (2019)

Deep, slow, moody, atmospheric Acid Folk (it says here). It’s all gorgeously Canadian. Produced by Michael Timmins of the Cowboy Junkies. Fantastic cover art too.
P.S. Thanks to @SneakyPete for his original LHO post ages ago.

4 Likes

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young | Déjà Vu | 1970
It’s the boys iconic debut album as a band, it’s that time of the year to play some golden oldies and this MoFi sounds wonderful.

19 Likes

One of my favourite Kinks albums - Muswell Hillbillies from 1971

12 Likes

George Jones, The Bradley Barn Sessions. Qobuz. Uniti Nova.

2 Likes

A great find and great lineup.

11 Likes

On HDCD……

11 Likes

7 Likes

Crosby, Stills & Nash | CSN | 1977
Why? Because it’s a fabulous album that is still as fresh today. :heart:

16 Likes

Antonio Forcione Ghetto Paradise / 1998 naim / Austria CD / naimcd032

10 Likes

Led Zeppelin, an introduction to LZ. Last work day of the year. Really feel like Led Zeppelin but couldn’t decide between III & IV - immigrant song or black dog. Intro it shall be! It has both! :sunglasses:

9 Likes

One of my favourite vinyl reissues of the year was this one, but there’s nothing quite like the surround mix.

Full on dark early 70s vibrations and ruminations from David and his famous friends.

Spacious and enveloping.

10 Likes

Carrying on with my Beatles themed choices

51JNhTbEAVL.AC
George Harrison - Brainwashed, I’ve not played this in a while, it’s rather good, under the circumstances.

4 Likes

Wonderful Buster. Was going to have a cuppa tea but for that demon alcohol :sunglasses:

1 Like

Willie Nelson, Pretty Paper. Qobuz. Mu-So Qb 2

2 Likes