What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

The Stranglers - Rattus Norvegicus
Cover beaten up but Vinyl plays great

24 Likes

Love this album!

1 Like

Staying with the live stuff

Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood - Live From Madison Garden, a well chosen set list and nice to hear that Winwood is no slouch with a guitar in his hands.

17 Likes

The Pierces - You & I
Soft rock rhythms with a nod to the Mamas and Papas and Rumours era Mac. Really enjoyable album from the two sisters.

8 Likes

Bjork - Biophilia

9 Likes

Jean-Efflam Bavouzet, Achille-Claude Debussy Complete Works For Piano, vol. 3. Chandos CD.

In my opinion Debussy’s piano music is amongst the finest ever composed, and Jean-Ellam Bavouzet’s complete cycle is absolutely phnomenal (others seem to agree - this particular CD was awarded a Diapason d’Or and a BBC Music Award).

I’ve recently started piano lessons and I told my teacher that the day I can play the Moonlight from Suite Bergamasque, I’ll know how to play. But I’m not bold enough to think I’ll ever match Jean-Efflam Bavouzet’s magic on that piece… stunningly beautiful.

Debussy Bavouzet vol. 3

Claude

9 Likes

Thanks. I’ve got it on order too. I’m hoping the title track is better mixed.

1 Like

Here endeth my KC adventures for today. How infuriating it must have been to have reached such brilliance with the first album, never to be surpassed or even matched. Of the subsequent albums I’ve played today, it is Larks Tongues which I’ve enjoyed the most.

8 Likes

NYC
March 1995
CD on Bridge Records

2 Likes

Sassafras and Friends - Magic Happens
Great mixture of rock, blues and ballads from singer, guitarist Gary G. Bogstad.

Deep Purple

Made In Japan (2014 Remaster)

Edward

20 Likes

Sounds so sweet.

14 Likes

My favourite live rock album of all time :slight_smile:

One of my all time favourite live albums, this 2014 - 24 bit remaster sounds absolutely superb.

Highly recommended.

Edward

1 Like

2 Likes

I’ve yet to find a version that matches the vinyl and I’ve got 4 digital versions as well. Not sure if I’ve heard the 24 bit 2014 remaster yet. I like the original 1972 mix version on Qobuz which has a better mix, to my ears,but they all lack some bass. The bass is definitely there though, because I acquired a Blu-ray recording and all of a sudden Roger Glover is so much more audible, so currently that’s my favourite.

Bob Dylan. The cutting edge. Playing disc 2 of this 6 cd set. Plenty of Bloomfield guitar. Lovely

9 Likes

Mark Knopfler - Shangri-La, in hdcd.

15 Likes

Sha Na Na - The Night Is Still Young
A real fun album and great songs

6 Likes

Trying to play this from Tidal.

Got some amazing musicians on it; Gadd, Porcaro, Porcaro, Lukather et al

6 Likes