What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Justin Thurgur No Confusion. Never heard of the dude but popped up in a Juno add on my phone so checked it out on Tidal. Jazz with global rhythms from 2016 - infectious, classy and sweet sounding.

4 Likes

61AnI-SHFqL.AC_UY436_QL65

7 Likes

Eric Clapton, Backless

15 Likes

Having trudged through the snow to sort out the 4 horses now home, sorted 5 cats so now can start on evening meal. Just felt like a bit of 1980’s AOR.

Heart - Heart 1985

9 Likes

Why only 4 tracks? Seems daft to me!
Thanks for the info Edward.

Adrian

The Miles Davis Quintet - Relaxin’ With…

16 Likes

I’ve heard people talking about her appearance on Joolz, she was on CH4 news the day this was released and its had a few postings here…
Thought I’d better check it out, it’s certainly good if perhaps a tad over produced in places?
Also her voice kind of reminds me a bit of Laura Mvula?
20210202_174559 R-4376265-1375408202-3032.jpeg
:heart:

5 Likes

David Baerwald’s classic Triage

Bill Bottrell - on guitar

Kevin Gilbert - on keyboards (Now that guy was pure genius)

And Herb Alpert plays sublime trumpet on Track 1

2 Likes

Cave & Co side project.

7 Likes

But she didnt want to…! :grin:

Next up whilst the tray bake cooks

A British band best known for supplying Uriah Heep with 2 band members Bernie Shaw and Phil Lanzon whist the vocalist Robin McAuley went on to join Michael Schenker to form the McAuley Schenker Group.

Grand Prix - Samurai

1 Like

“What day of the week did the Lord create Spinal Tap, and couldn’t he have rested on that day too?”

Original UK vinyl pressing from the 1980s.

6 Likes

Shark Sandwich? Sh*t Sandwich

1 Like

Just spotted this, might be of interest Joe Strummer fans…

A new 'Strummer retrospective covering The Clash frontman’s whole career, including Mescaleros numbers and unexpected, buried treasures.

Released: 26th March 2021

PRE ORDER INFO

‘Assembly’ is the first new Joe Strummer title to be released on George Harrison’s Dark Horse Records label.

+ Limited edition indie shop-only LP is pressed on double red coloured vinyl and housed in a gatefold.

Designed as a new starting point to the Joe Strummer catalogue, it includes 13 tracks from Strummer’s solo career, along with two live versions of the classic Clash songs ‘Rudie Can’t Fail’ & ‘I Fought The Law’ and a previously unreleased acoustic version of Junco Partner – making a total of 16 tracks.

Other tracks come from Strummer’s extensive solo catalog including his three albums with ‘The Mescaleros’.

Founded in 1974 by George Harrison, Dark Horse Records has long been a home for Freedom Fighters, Storytellers and Troubadours, words that can be used to describe Joe Strummer, making Dark Horse Records to perfect home to appreciate and expand Strummer’s incredible legacy across music, politics and culture.

‘Assembly’ includes:
• Gatefold 2LP and 1CD Digi formats.
• Includes previously unreleased acoustic version of ‘Junco Partner’.
• Exclusive live versions of the classics, I Fought The Law and Rudie Can’t Fail recorded Live at Brixton Academy in 2001.
• Also Includes the singles, Coma Girl, Johnny Appleseed, Mondo Bongo & Redemption Song.
• Package includes new written forward by Jacob Dylan.

1. Coma Girl
  2. Johnny Appleseed
  3. I Fought The Law (Live)* *(Previously Unreleased)
  4. Tony Adams
  5. Sleepwalk
  6. Love Kills
  7. Get Down Moses
  8. X-Ray Style
  9. Mondo Bongo
  10. Rudie Can’t Fail (Live)* *(Previously Unreleased)
  11. At The Border, Guy
  12. Long Shadow
  13. Forbidden City
  14. Yalla Yalla
  15. Redemption Song
  16. Junco Partner (Acoustic)* *(Previously Unreleased)

Format /LP or CD

Released /26th March 2021

Catalogue /4050538611717

Barcode /4050538611717

:heart:

5 Likes

Now playing…

Dan Penn - Living On Mercy

Dan Penn (Vocals), Buzz Cason (Vocals), Clayton Ivey (Hammond B3, Keyboards, Strings), Marie Lewey (Vocals), Will McFarlane (Guitar), Doug Moffet (Baritone Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone), Michael Rhodes (Bass), Charles Rose (Trombone), Milton Sledge (Drums), Cindy Walker (Vocals) and Drew White (Trumpet).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this morning with Dan and his recently released album (August 2020) and Dan and the band is sounding mighty sweet!

10 Likes

Posted already by a few others here - have listened to his latest release a few times now and really enjoying it. More pop than prog this time and perhaps a bit more accessible as a result. Production is quite stunning as you would expect.

Listening on Qobuz rather than on the 10k super delux box set!!

Peter

10 Likes

Tom Misch - What kinda Music. One of my favourite Albums from last year . Its ‘Kinda’ funky modern , electronic and atmospheric.
Worth a listen for sure .

5 Likes

:sunglasses:

5 Likes

How much more black could that be - none.

2 Likes

Stacey Kent, The Boy Next Door. CD.

Listening to Stacey Kent while I watch the snow storm outside. That particular CD played a big part in my skipping the 282 and upgrading straight from 102 to 252. I was comparing the 282 with the 252 and Manu (then the store owner) introduced me to that CD. It confirmed what I had heard with the classical CDs I had brought.

I also bought the LP but unfortunately the pressing is very bad, with lots of surface noise so I usually listen to the CD instead.

StaceyKentTheBoyNextDoo7891_f

Claude

6 Likes