What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Emmylou Harris - Luxury Liner - ‘80s vinyl
Vocals from the crystal clear voice of Emmylou, guitar from Albert Lee (and a couple of tracks with James Burton), and a set of great songs. For me this has the perfect version of Poncho and Lefty, and every other song is sublime. For me, country doesn’t get any better.

17 Likes

Just watched the Evening news which somehow led to this favourite.

9 Likes

Now playing…

Ian Noe - Between The Country

Ian Noe (Acoustic, Guitar, Electric Guitar, Vocals), Dave Cobb (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Savannah Conley (Vocals), Adam Gardner (Bass, Organ, Piano) and Chris Powell (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… I had taken Ian’s ‘Between The Country’ out for a spin awhile back and enjoyed his music so giving it another listen. Wonderful voice and lyrics and enjoying the music!

3 Likes

Vestbo Trio. Gentlemen.
Nice gentle relaxing music recommended by @Pete_the_painter

4 Likes

Feeling

Americas Etnias Sound - Vol 2

Edward

Passenger - Songs for the Drunk and Broken Hearted :

Sounding great.

8 Likes

91yoz2aMKvL.AC_UY436_QL65

15 Likes

7 Likes

Great live set from Snowy White and friends

5 Likes

None more black.

1 Like

Now playing…

Boz Scaggs - A Fool To Care

Boz Scaggs (rhythm and lead guitars, vocals), Willie Weeks (bass), Ray Parker Jr. (guitars), Al Anderson (guitar), Jim Cox (Hammond B-3, piano, pump organ, Wurlitzer piano, vibraphone), Steve Jordan: drums), Ben Cauley (trumpet), Jack Hale (trombone), Jim Horn (baritone saxophone), Lannie McMillan (tenor saxophone), The Love Sponge Strings, Quentin L Ware: Jr. (trummpet), Douglas Rowan (alto, baritone and tenor saxophones) Jim Hoke (baritone and tenor saxophones, bass clarinet, vibraphone, accordion, alto flute, miscellaneous woodwinds), Seth Asarnow (bandoneon), Eric Crystal (tenor and alto saxophones), Clifford Carter (synth atmospherics), Paul Franklin (steel guitar), Conesha “Miss Monet” Ownes (background vocals), Tony Lindsay (background vocals), Fred Ross (background vocals), Bonnie Raitt: (slide guitar , vocals on “Hell To Pay;”) and Lucinda Williams (vocals on “Whispering Pines.”).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… moving on into the noon hour with Boz and a fantastic collection of talented musicians backing him on this album and sounding simply sublime! one very sweet album…

17 Likes

Nice full sound

5 Likes

Fuuuuunky!

5 Likes

Antonio Forcione
Touch Wood

Effortless acoustic guitar playing by a master.
I expect rapturous applause at the end of each track, rousing stuff. Just seems to make my system sing.

18 Likes

On the most excellent Brain label from 1978 Liliental - includes Dieter Moebius and Conny Plank

4 Likes

Pls do not listen to it if easily offended. Go and listen to the latest SW album instead; I heard it’s very good!

4 Likes

On CD:-

Wilma Archer - A Western Circular

6 Likes

What an amazing band, saw them at Birmingham Town Hall sometime early 70s…fabulous fun, great songs, and complete with the gold sparkly outfits. My vinyl copys well worn!

2 Likes

Love | Forever Changes | 1967
This old classic is certainly cheering up yet another wet and snowy night. This one has seven added tracks of out-takes, demos, alternate mixes and the like, all of which are very good.

17 Likes

Seems like California Leaving now. :wink:

1 Like