What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

cover

1 Like

Haven’t played this or any Scott for ages. Time to rectify.

9 Likes

Shawn Phillips from 1970 - Second Contribution

6 Likes

Some trax from the new Sara Watkins album due out in March

3 Likes

My one to watch. Buddy Guy once said of him that he is hot.

3 Likes

Thanks to @Clive for highlighting this on the Jazz Thread
20210203_114529

AllMusic Review by Scott Yanow

Pianist Bill Evans’ final project for the Riverside label resulted in eight songs released as Bill Evans Trio at Shelly’s Manne-Hole. This set doubles the program by adding eight previously unreleased selections. Evans, who is in fine form playing in a trio with bassist Chuck Israels and drummer Larry Bunker, often sounded more relaxed in concert than in studios and he stretches himself on the material (mostly standards), making one wonder why all of the music was not orignally released. This is one of the finest recordings by this particular trio. Worth searching for.
:heart:

11 Likes

Just discovered this documentary film. It’s free to view if you have Prime, maybe other platforms too
On my watch list
Bill Evans Time Remembered Documentary Film

vertical-poster-post

2 Likes

All you need is- Starless and Red :wink:

This was my album of the year back when it was released, 2009 I think.

5 Likes

Now playing-

12 Likes

I already have those. I just felt a bit Crimsoned out after I’d played five albums in a row! Actually I played six in all as I revisited the first album at the end. I agree that Starless and Red are good, especially the latter, but nothing quite matches that first album. I was looking through my collection yesterday and found I have 17 King Crimson albums. I also have the No Pussyfooting album, but not surprisingly it scarcely ever gets played.

1 Like

This morning’s listening: Shostakovich Symphony No. 11 from this Jansons set. It could be my new favourite of the three copies I own, as the level is a bit better controlled than on the Rostropovich LSO Live version.

6 Likes

Holland-Dozier-Holland - The Essential Motown Hits
Wonderful stuff.

8 Likes

51lUFQbYsHL.AC_UY436_QL65

14 Likes

The magnificent Midnight Marauders - A Tribe Called Quest

4 Likes

The asterisked titles have bafflingly been through the “electronically re-channelled for stereo” mangle.

Bar that. Amazing SQ.

10 Likes

Tom Baxter - The Other Side Of Blue
Stripped back deeply personal folky album from this very talented singer songwriter

1 Like

Been having a rummage through some boxes of old singles.
My Generation/Shout And Shimmy Brunswick 1965.
Dont think that old MGM sleeve is quite right, anyway thorough wash n scrub up in the RCM, new card n poly sleeve
Sounding f…f…feckin great!

13 Likes

Iron And Wine - Ghost On Ghost

10 Likes

15 Likes