What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

17 Likes

A very talented pair and a lucky day for both parties when they met with Skye Edwards as like Tracey Thorne her vocals are so ‘right’ for her band’s music.

1 Like

CD - Verve 1999 : )

3 Likes

5 Likes

Phoebe Bridgers - Stranger In The Alps

8 Likes

You’re right it’s a great album that I fortunately I don’t seem to listen to often. Not heard his other stuff I might chase it down on Tidal. Cheers. :+1:

The King is on the turntable and on the wall. Elvis Presley, Gold Records Volume 4.

9 Likes

Doveman, aka Thomas Bartlett of the Gloaming amongst others, doing his own thing here on The Coformist album, his various guises are always an interesting listen. Qobuz.

1 Like

Eagles - The Long Run, on cd in the mini lp format from Japan.

14 Likes

A fantastic box set!

1 Like

A awesome album!

1 Like

Listened to this earlier. The Pointer Sisters self titled album and their album That’s A Plenty on a 2CD set. Excellent albums with hints of blues, jazz, soul, country and funk which are quite different to their later smooth soul / pop. Thanks to @TheKevster who, a year or two back, posted a link to a live clip of the Pointer Sisters singing Yes We Can which introduced me to this earlier period of their work.

11 Likes

Still going through the Snowy White albums, a nice listen imo

5 Likes

Charles Mingus - Mingus Ah Um

22 Likes

Brilliant…

2 Likes

Sting - All This Time.

Live album, with lots of the usual suspects, and a nod in the direction of jazz. Some very pleasant versions of well known songs.

12 Likes

Continuing to gently explore some music with a jazz flavour. This is the second album I’ve bought by GoGo Penguin.

7 Likes

Pioneering electro. Underpants!

10 Likes

Now Playing…

Susanna Aleksandra - The Siren

Susanna Aleksandra (Vocals)Joonas Haavisto (Piano, Synthesizer), Joonas Tuuri (Double Bass), Ville Pynssi (Drums) and Abdissa “Mamba” Assefa (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… this was mentioned the other day on the forum and placed in the queue and have giving it a spin. Eight songs into the album and enjoying it quite a bit! Worth the time to give a listen…

2 Likes

Good innit, Daniel?

1 Like