What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

The Police - Ghost In The Machine

policeghostsinthemachine

21 Likes

Freddy King Sings
cd from An Easy Introduction To The Blues

7 Likes

@TheKevster
Nice repro 4 x 10" vinyl Charlie Parker Savoy 10" LP Collection from Craft Recordings

:heart:

10 Likes

Another interesting single arrived from Dub Vendor.
A previously unreleased cut from the great JA vocalist Alton Ellis - Road To Slavery.
Recorded at the legendary A Class Studio in the basement at Dub Vendor in Clapham Junction.

In the words of Chris Lane from Fashion Records…

“We recorded and produced many of reggae’s most iconic artists for Fashion Records, but having a legend of ska, rock steady and reggae - and my all-time favourite singer! - in the studio was always an unforgettable experience. Although we concentrated on building our roster with local UK artists we were only too happy to take any opportunity to record Jamaican singers and deejays when we could, so of course Alton was a prime contender, especially as he was living in London when we first recorded him in 1981. We were eager to record him again fifteen years later, but although we built seven or eight rhythms not all of them were voiced, and unfortunately our plan of producing a whole album with Alton fell through. Road To Slavery was a brand new song written by Alton especially for the proposed album with Fashion Records, and is one of the few tunes that he recorded a proper vocal for. It’s the first time it has seen the light of day since it was voiced on the 28th March 1996 - as far as I can recall we’ve never even given it to anyone as a dub plate and we are delighted that it is finally being pressed up as a 45. It’s good to know that the legacy of Jamaica’s finest singer will live on … RIP Alton Ellis.”

Fashion Records: History

4 Likes

Bass?
:+1:

Enough for me but probably not for you :sunglasses:

Haha! I was joking, that said some CD re issues mastered by generic “engineers” do sometimes to my ears rinse out the bottom end.
Enjoy it

1 Like

Allman Brothers Band. Self titled.
Alphabetically chosen on the iPod. Studio album lasts about as long as one of their live tracks.

11 Likes

Donald Fagen - Sunken Condos / 2012 Reprise / US CD / 532287 2

There’s a sun in my sky
She laughed
That’s my power supply

16 Likes

61aTX-KgewL.AC_UY436_QL65

9 Likes

Má Vlast/The Moldau - Smetna

6 Likes

Black Country, New Road
For the first time

London post-rock septet Black Country, New Road hail from the famed Brixton Windmill scene (Fat White Family , black midi etc). ‘For the first time’ is their debut album and follows the highly-rated singles ‘Athens, France’ and ‘Sunglasses’. The engaging, literate lyrics contain stories of terrible sex and tabloid pop culture references whilst the music is reminiscent of Slint and Sonic Youth experimenting with jazz maybe.

Probably not going to win many fans in this forum, but what a stocker of a debut!
Makes your head swirl, in a good way!

5 Likes

Andy Bell
Skywalker

A bit of a quietdown with Andy Bell latest release… time to chill.

1 Like

23 Likes

Sorry

Best friends Asha Lorenz and Louis O’Bryen have woven 925 like a dreamscape in which idyllic and hellish scenes intermingle, forcing the question of what is real and what is make believe. Inspired by everything from Hermann Hesse to Dean Blunt and old-school crooner Tony Bennett, the duo’s experimental and holistic approach marks them out as a thoroughly 21st century band. Includes the singles “Starstruck”, “Right Round The Clock” and “More”.

Another new indi find today for me.
Needed to liven up a bit after Andy Bell :sweat_smile:

Some tracks good but others, such as Instrumental, I cannot stand! Glad you’re enjoying it!

Chick Corea Elektric Band / 1986 GRP / Austria CD / GRP 95352

4 Likes

8 Likes

Sheila Chandra. Moonsung

Nnnnnnng. Such a beautiful album.

5 Likes

71Rxrr8URAL.AC_UY436_QL65

Fontaines D.C. - Dogrel

6 Likes