What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Capitol 2 x 45rpm version. Need something rootsy after the football, I think!

24 Likes

Eg and Alice - 24 Years of Hunger. A fairly new album to me, although released in 1990.

2 Likes

Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited.

Album N° 6 of my trawl through Dylan’s catalogue of studio albums. Like A Rolling Stone, Ballad Of A Thin Man, the ever rambling Desolation Row. Fantastic stuff!

18 Likes

One of yesterday’s Bandcamp purchases. A spot of French space rock. The cat’s not impressed, but I am.
download

3 Likes

10 Likes

I’m really enjoying this E.S.T best of compilation. Perhaps there is hope for me with jazz after all (or at least some types of jazz).

12 Likes

1 Like

14 Likes

One of the greatest artists ever to come out of Ethiopia.

Sadly there isn’t too much of his music available on record.

5 Likes

Second only to ‘…Leeds Lungs Out’ or ‘Brussels Affair’.

G

1 Like

Saturday night niceness!
Get a few Hopheads in, crank it up and smile… feel good music.
Nicely recorded vintage Rocksteady vibe with the sublime sax playing of Mesumi Mesaku.
Recomended 12 track vinyl from Dub Vendor, nice pressing lovely package with inserts n ting.

Alternatively 15 track CD/ Stream

Megumi Mesaku - Saxy Rocksteady Mafia & Fluxy CD

:heart:

2 Likes

Not played this in a while but I must admit Miss Hawkins is just the ticket for a bit of early Saturday evening listening.

Sophie B Hawkins - Timbre

5 Likes

I saw them in a tiny place in Elephant & Castle just after this album came out. Very Loud & Wonderful.

2 Likes

Art Pepper - Meets The Rhythm Section.

17 Likes

Very cool!

Beck - Hyperspace

5 Likes

Ah someone else who owns this classic album.

Last gig I ever went to Sunday 9th Feb 2020 at the St Mary’s Hall Whitstable support was the incredible Alex Rex.

1 Like

Jane Weaver is criminally overlooked. What a splendid album Modern Kosmology is.

2 Likes

Andy, I think it was thanks to you for putting me on to this. I seem to remember you posting about it some time ago and making references to Prefab Sprout and Steely Dan, which got my attention straight away. I listened to it online and immediately liked it. To get a copy I had to resort to Discogs.

1 Like